Tooth. Its all about the teeth, Ethan's teeth. He lost his first tooth yesterday. While we were at the park I noticed him playing with it and how loose it was. I hadn't realized how close it was to coming out. I think it was the apple he was chomping on that morning that finally got it going. The gum above the tooth was red and funny looking so I called the dentist and asked them about it. They said they should take a look at it and might have to pull it themselves if they suspect an infection (Uncle Al said the same thing during his consultation). I set the appointment for the next afternoon and just waited.

Wiggle, wiggle.

Then after I had put the boys down for bed Ethan came out of his room asking if I could pull his tooth. I didn't think he would really let me. I took him into the bathroom and just started wiggling it. He flinched a little when I tried pulling it but didn't react more so I pulled harder. I could hear the flesh tearing and then POP it was out! He was so excited. I was so impressed with how brave he was, way to go Ethan!

I can't believe his cute face. He's losing teeth...how cute.

I inspected his gums this morning and they aren't red anymore. The indentation has improved a bunch too. Hopefully I can cancel the dentist appt. without being charged a fee. Ethan was excited to see the tooth fairy left him a dollar in exchange for his tooth! He says he is going to save his money for a Transformer mask (they are like $40 so he'll have to lose all his teeth and then some for that thing...or maybe Christmas will come before then).
7 Comments:
Can't believe it! It's so fun to watch Ethan because he paves the way for the rest of the bunch. What he starts, you know the other kids will be doing pretty soon! Crazy!
Arrhh Matey!
Ethan is pirate!!! That kid is so stinkin cute, even without a fron tooth!
Fun updates! Love your new camera and that it inspires you to post more! :)
That is exciting! I have mixed emotions about losing teeth, because it means they are growing up and they start looking more grown up when the big teeth come in! O well, I guess they don't stay little forever. They sure look cute with those missing gaps in their mouth though!
They look so cute when they lose teeth -- we LOVED the tooth fairy at our house -- even my Jacob! My Kelsey got a beautiful letter from the tooth fairy once (with the help from big sis) all fancy with glittery, curly writing and such. Wanted to take in on the bus to show the rest of the 5 year olds and the older kids ... whoever else was on the bus ... I intervened and said it was much to precious in case she lost it! It's a bummer what older kids can do to imaginations!! I miss those years!
Sweet Ethan!
Hahahahahaha...I hope he doesn't try poppin' out all his teeth on his own to try to get that Transformer's mask =)
Post a Comment