Monday, June 29, 2009

Carbloading

A meat eater is a carnivore. A vegetarian is someone who loves eating plants. What do you call someone who can't get enough carbs? Carbitarian? Breadivore, maybe? Is there a term for this? Google didn't produce anything....
I've got bread on my mind. I'm on a diet. I hate that word. And its not really true. I'm not dieting, I'm trying to drop some weight that has found its way onto my body and, as most of you know, carbs are usually off limits, or highly restricted, when you are on a diet (did I just use too many commas in that sentence?). I get it too, I understand. Carbs aren't highly nutritious unles you count sugar as a vitamin, which its not. Sorry to break it to ya. I love it when I hear dieticians talk about how we need to eat a colorful diet. Cupcakes aren't colorful? Let me ask you, which one do you want to eat more?
This one:

Or this one:

I like veggies, I really do. Especially with the right sauce. I know veggies have a certain place in my life. I'm just addicted to all things carb. "Oh give me a home where the carbohydrates freely roam...." Am I skinnier yet?

3 Comments:

Mae said...

don't we all?? Seriously. yeah, a person might get excited about a good steak, but you know it's gotta come with potatos..or a good roll, or maybe pasta, rice...c'mon everyone, just admit it.

Denice said...

Wow, picture number 2 for sure!!! I think I am a suger-a-holic...

anna banana said...

Sorry I have been MIA on the blog scene lately, love your new design, super cute!

Since I just ate like 40 breadsticks at dinner with you, I think you know what I would pick. :)