Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Looking Back

I'm feeling nostalgic today. Its my last day in my 20s. That's right, tomorrow is my 30th birthday. You're probably assuming I'm feeling old or something like that. I'm not. I'm feeling good. My 20s were good. I experienced so many milestones in my 20s. 1. I met some of my most favorite people in my 20s. We had a blast figuring out what life meant for us. I loved, LOVED my years at BYU and I know they wouldn't have been the same without Regency 43, S.I.N. nights, DT S Hall, and Shar. 2. I got married in my 20s, 22 to be exact. That was the most important day of my life so far. Without that day so many other days would not have happened. I married an incredible man. I can still remember how I felt kneeling across the altar from him in the temple....goosebumps.

3. I got my Bachelor's in my 20s. That was such an accomplishment for me. I couldn't believe I was done. And now I can't believe its been 7 years since then already....what the?!
4. I had three children in my 20s. Each of those days were pivotal, life altering days. Each child that came into my life expanded my heart and made me grow more than all the other achievements I had accomplished on my own.
I don't know what my 30s have in store for me. I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow (Steve's in charge and I'm so excited to see what he's planned). Looking back, its been a good life. I would never have predicted it the way it happened. It was so much better. I'm excited to become 30. I'm anxious to figure out myself as a mature 30 year old. I think there is so much I'll leave behind (like maybe my phobias that hold me back) and emerge even more aware of what this life is all about. Or.....maybe I won't.....either way, I'm sure it will be one heck of a ride. Happy Birthday to me.

12 Comments:

Jennie said...

Happy 30th Birthday (tomorrow), Camilla!! I loved your post and I agree with everything you said. The 20s were great and I can't wait to see what happens in my 30s. I'll soon be joining you in the 30s in 3 short months!!

James and Ev said...

Happy Birthday Mi!
Your thirties will be better! You will become more beautiful and stronger! And your family will mimic your growth! I hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow! Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

The Nedrys said...

Happy Birthday, Camilla! I hope you have a special day!

zeeny said...

Happy Birthday! I never understood why people thought thirty was old! I still look at my dad who is in his 70's, riding hundred mile bike races and don't think that is old! Enjoy the day!

Denice said...

Happy Happy Birthday Camilla Dear, Happy Days will come to you ALL year... I just know it!!! Hope your day is full of surprises and good things. xoxo D

anna banana said...

Love that last picture! Hope you had a great day today!

Mae said...

Happy birthday mi! hope you enjoyed your day! we love you!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was great! 2 decades down. Many more to go!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a good one! :o)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i'm so excited for you!! happy birthday camilla! i'm glad i met you in your 20's! you're an awesome girl and ONE DAY, we WILL meet up!

that picture of u big bellied at the hospital with your little trail of kids is SOOOOO precious and you look STUNNINGLY beautiful.

Sher said...

What a cute post - HAPPY 30TH!!!!

Our Family said...

Happy Birthday a little late Camilla!!! It is crazy to think that we are already there! Hopefully the next 10 years do not go by that fast!!!