Friday, February 13, 2009

Love letter #3 Sadie

Dear Sadie, I love your cheeks. I love your smell. I love to make you smile. I love your blue eyes. I love how you just started talking to us with your gurgely, bubbly baby talk. I love it when we make eye contact and you instantly smile in recognition of who I am. I love that you are a little girl, you bring a new dimension into this house. I love putting a headbow on you whenever we're about to leave. It doesn't matter what you are wearing, you get a bow. I'm taking advantage of it as long as I can. I laugh when I find the bow over your eyes after being in the car. I know you probably don't appreciate it very much but its cute to me. I love holding you close. The minute the doctor put you in my arms after you were born I fell in love with you. You were beautiful and you seem to just get more and more beautiful every day. You were a little miracle, just like your brothers. I love that you were bigger than them at birth. You also had your own timetable for being born too.

I love that you always have to have something in your mouth; fingers, pacifier you'll take whatever you can get. A nurse at the hospital got upset with me when I asked them for a pacifier. They explained to me that the hospital was a "baby friendly" hospital and that they don't promote the use of pacifiers or bottles in order to help mother and baby establishment breastfeeding skills. Well, I kindly informed her that this is my third child. All three of my children have had strong suck to soothe reflexes and I am not inclined to be attached to you when you weren't eating. I love you, little girl, but I would go crazy if that were the case.
I love how much your brothers love you. They took to you right from the start, no problems, no jealousy. They are still learning the art of being big brothers, I think that lesson will be neverending but don't doubt that they love you.
I love that your dad knew you were coming before I did. He knew we were having a girl. He has correctly predicted each of our children's genders. I love seeing him hold you. He is lost in this world of girl but he is in love with you too. He knows true beauty when he sees it...haha.
You are only three months old, almost four but I already can't imagine what our family would be like without you. Thank you for joining us. I'll love you forever.
Your Mom

1 Comments:

James and Ev said...

Beautiful! You are a great mom! I can't imagine anything else you can do for these kids to make them happy! You are a natural Mi!