Dear Luke,
I love you, number two. I didn't know I could love another child but you came and that fear quickly left because my heart melted. Just like with your brother, from the minute you entered my life I just wanted to care for you. I wanted to hold you and cuddle you. I had my hands full but I wanted you with me every step of the way.
I love your big personality. You are you and no one can take that away from you. Sometimes your dad and I go bonkers with how independent you are already. I love that about you, though. You amaze me at how much you know yourself. You know what you want and you stick to your guns. Doesn't mean you always get it but you deserve credit for being self-assured enough to stick to it. You love to be goofy. You have such a zest for life. You don't know your own strength but you go for it 100%. I remember there was a time in your life when you used to hit your head against everything. You would cry like crazy because it usually hurt (the tv was a repeat offender) but that describes you - full steam ahead!
You have always been so big, personality and body. Every doctor appointment amazes me that you are still topping the charts. Sometimes you are even over the top. Everyone that sees you is shocked to find out that you are only three years old. You are so intelligent. I love that you have always been a great talker. Your vocabulary has always been beyond your years. We know that you understand.
I love your face. You look at me and I can see that you look into me. I love hugging you and kissing you. You hardly stay still long enough for me to do it but I grab the chance whenever I can. I love it when you tell me you love me. I love how quickly you forgive me too. I hope you can always do that.
I love finding you in your room cuddling with your "peta" and blankie. I know that we need to get you to give up your peta soon but for now its cute to see you sneak those quiet moments alone. I love hearing your prayers. You say such good prayers, always with so much you are thankful for. I love how you are so anxious to say a prayer too. I hope you always retain that quality. I love hearing you repeat your scriptures. You and Ethan have really impressed me with how quickly you memorize them and retain them.


3 Comments:
These 2 love letter posts are beautiful - you express yourself very well in your writing Camilla, wish I had that talent.
Mr. Luke! Man, that kid sure does have a strong will! My memory of Lukey, is how much my daughter absolutely adores that kid! From the time that Luke was just born and Ellie was three months old and we took pictures of them together on the floor,they were destined to be kindred cousins...It has always been the two of them. Now, Ellie always wants Lukey to play with her, Lukey to marry her in the Temple, and Lukey to be her prince (but she settles for a shootin policia). We love Luke! His tank is hard to take down, but he can be so sensitive too. He will be our linebacker, and Ellie's protector at school. He loves his vovo and magda, and especially his blanky...I can't wait to watch him grow....
(sniffle)...and wiping my eyes x 4)...thanks for warming my heart today. I needed it...
Post a Comment