Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthday Bash

I had a spectacular birthday! The day of my birthday Steve took the day off and we played. Sadie got sick so we didn't party too hard but I had fun going out to eat (twice) and seeing the play "Noises Off." Steve wrote a list and gave it to me. Read it and weep (because it made me weep). So I thought that was that and I was happy. Little did I know all the scheming that had been going on. I get this vague note about being taken out on the town for a double date with my sister Ev and her hubby. Ok, sounds innocent right? I call her and tell her she has already given me a gift she doesn't have to do this too. She coyly says she's looking forward to it and needs a date night too. Saturday rolls around and Sadie gets sick. I call Ev and talk about canceling. She tells me its up to me. Then I decide Sadie only has a fever so we're safe. We show up at my sisters house and SURPRISE!!! Its a party....what sneakers. The outdoor decorations were beautiful, especially at night. Coin toss anyone?
Ooooo, she's a hottie.
My parents babysat for us but the kids got to make an appearance at the end of the party. Here they are in their pj's.
So pretty I almost don't want to eat it....almost.
Mmmmm....I'm a kid in a candy store and I can have ANYTHING! Its great to be 30.
It was a carnival theme. We played coin toss, bean bag toss, and jousting. We ate corn dogs, popcorn, buffalo wings, candy, cotton candy, cupcakes and churros (much more). I blew out my candles with candles that never go out. Everyone passed a cupcake around and said something nice about me. I think we will be eating leftover candy until I turn 31. We seriously have grocery bags full of it. Thank you to every one that came, it was SO FUN to see you there. I missed those of you who weren't able to come. Evelyn and Mae, you two are masters of party planning. You also are two of the best sisters, and best friends, a girl could have. Thank you for the party. I love you both.

5 Comments:

Sher said...

What a fun bday bash! Wish we could have been there for it...what great sisters you have! I think it sounds like a fun idea for a kids party too, I might have to steal. Also, can't read Steve's list, the print is too small, maybe you could enlarge it or e-mail it, I'd love to read!

Sher said...

What a fun bday bash! Wish we could have been there for it...what great sisters you have! I think it sounds like a fun idea for a kids party too, I might have to steal. Also, can't read Steve's list, the print is too small, maybe you could enlarge it or e-mail it, I'd love to read!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i hope u saved some of those wings and churros for me! yum stinkin UM.

i wish i had a big party like that!

Anonymous said...

fUn! You have some great sisters. It looks like a fun PARTY! Happy Birthday!

Denice said...

That looks like the most divine party spread...ever! Wow, what a night to remember, aren't sisters the BEST??? Congrats on making it to 30, I know the next 30 will be even more grand.