One of my birthday presents was three cake decorating classes by Anniece Barker. The picture here is one of her cakes. If any of you remember, I've wanted to take cake deco classes for a long time but I've never just done it. I guess my sisters got tired of me trying to talk them into doing it with me because they gave me this gift. Its been so fun! I've had two classes and next week will be my third and final class. I have learned how to make a delicious marshmallow fondant (WAY better than regular fondant) and my favorite buttercream recipe to date. I've learned how to stack cakes. And last week we practiced some simple decorations styles like basketweave, beeding (or is it beading?), and star flowers. Next week she's going to teach me how to make sugar flowers. I'm so excited. I want to make this cake in the picture. I just want to see if I can do it. I don't think I even minutely comprehend what it means to make this cake but I want to do it. But I don't want to have it sitting around to eat. Maybe I should just make it and send it to work with Steve....haha. I offered to make my niece, Ellie's birthday cake but that's not until the end of May. I need to practice though. Anyway....a whole lot of cake is going to be going on pretty soon. Thanks Ev and Mae!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Cake, cake...who wants cake?

Posted by
Camilla
at
6:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 Comments:
Cool Camilla, that is fun! I was going to tell you, Allen made the fondant and it tastes delicious, but he just had trouble getting it black, he wanted it black to be like the cover of Twilight, but it just ended up gray and looked kinda weird so he decided to go with the choco frosting, but it actually tasted great. :) I cant wait to try out one of your cakes!
How fun Camilla! Equally as fun that your sweet sisters thought to give you such a thoughtful gift. We'll be waiting for posts of the fabulous cakes you will be making!!!
What a fun bday present idea! I'll look forward to trying one of your cakes someday!
How fun! I too have always wanted to take a cake decorating class. It sounds like you are learning such neat things! I wish I could be there to try your beautiful and tasty cake when you make it!
Maybe you should make the cake, for practice, and send it to young men's with Steve. I'm sure they'll devour it. Not sure they'll appreciate it, though. they are boys. :) Glad you've enjoyed the classes!
How fun! You can bake me a cake anytime! :o)
I want some cake, truly a talent that you will always use! Great gift!
Post a Comment