This morning I was in my bedroom folding some laundry and I heard a cute conversation Ethan had with his dad. It went something like this... Ethan: Guess what, Papai? Guess what? (Papai - pronounced pa-pie - is the Portuguese word for Father and that is mostly what Ethan uses to address his dad. Not to be mistaken with Pop-eye the cartoon character) Steve: What, Ethan? Ethan: I love you. Steve: Thank you. I love you too, Ethan. I call this a "seal the deal" moment. Its in moments like these that parenthood is no longer an obligation or a responsibility. Gratitude, humility, and love in its purest form sweep over me and I can not question (at least for this marvelous moment) the decision I made to become a mother. The deal has been sealed. It was a great way to start the day.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 Comments:
That is so sweet.
Post a Comment