I was recently in a rut trying to come up with an interesting lesson on Service for my Sharing Time in primary. I wanted to share what I came up with with any of you that might need it in the future. Service Game (Not so catchy, I know) Type of scripture references, quotes from stories, freebie, picture references etc. and cut into strips. Example: My topic was service so I typed up 10 scripture references I found in the Index of the Bible and Book of Mormon, then I searched LDS.org for short stories about service and used one quote from each. For the freebies I made up scenarios like "you made your sister's bed for her. Move ahead one space!" or "You saw a friend teasing a younger child at school and you didn't stop him. Move back one space." I gathered pictures from the Gospel Art Picture kit and just wrote their number on the strips of paper. Draw a windy road on a chalkboard and divide into spaces for the teams to move their mascot along the board. Divide your class or group into two teams and assign a mascot. Let the children take turns rolling a die. The child moves the mascot forward however many spaces the die was rolled on. Then they pick out a strip from a jar. The teacher or child read the strip and talk about whatever is on it. If its a scripture you open your scriptures, read the verse, and apply it. Or look at the picture and talk about it. Etc. Whoever reaches the end of the road first wins! Maybe this will help one of you teachers out there.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 Comments:
What a great idea! I'm going to have to use this in one of my sharing times! Feel free to share any time!
Post a Comment