Some of you might know I have an obsession - its food. I love to try new foods, unless its disturbing foods like "balut," a Philippino delicacy, that my husband, who ate it in the Phillippines while serving his mission for the LDS church, has tried to get me to eat. No way, Jose. I especially love to try new restaurants that I've seen on the Food Network. I figure, if THEY think its good than its got to be. I'm not going to lie though, sometimes its a flop. Sometimes THEIR taste is too refined for me. I think this is one of those times. Today I experimented with Sprinkles bakery in Newport Beach. I bought four cupcakes for a whopping $13....ouch! (All in the name of experimentation, bear with me). I gave the red velvet one to my youngest sister Mae (she's pregnant and working full-time still so I knew she could use a pick-me-up). I am waiting to hear her opinion of that one. The milk chocolate was so-so. Luke didn't like it much. The strawberry cupcake was good but not as "strawberry" flavored as I usually like it. Maybe I'm too used to box mixes? Then the coconut lemon cupcake is the one in the picture. Honestly, I am too cupcaked out to eat much more of this thing. But I think I can decidely say that I'm not blown away. If this is gourmet than hand me the box mix please! I'll keep my $3.25 a pop to myself thank you very much. You can learn more about Sprinkles here: http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/ Maybe there is one where you live and you can see for yourself.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Sprinkles

Posted by
Camilla
at
3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
That looks SO GOOD. I wish I was there to finish it off for you, I'm a coconut FREAK!!!!
There is this bakery in NYC I had a similar experience with, it is called Magnolia's Bakery and is apparently featured in Sex and the City. Anyway, the line to get a cupcake at this place was about 25 minutes long, in the hot sun outside. I could have made something better at home in my opinion. But it is a huge craze, there, so I am almost afraid to write this in fear that someone will bomb me for saying it....
Post a Comment