Ethan and Luke had Spring Break April 5-9th so we took off on the 7th and drove to Scottsdale, AZ to visit the AZ Rasmussens. I drove the kiddos by myself. It was a big moment for me. I was terrified but the kids were fantastic! We didn't have any problems...smooth sailing! Brian and Denice (and family) have always lived too far away (Texas) so we’ve never been able to visit them on their territory. I am a nosey woman, I’ll admit it. So I was excited to go see what its like to be in their household, what their house looks like (I love soaking up good decorating ideas), what they watch, eat, how discipline works, how 6 people live together under one roof etc. It was a great mini vacation and Brian, Denice, Mateo, Porter, Soffia and Stone were fantastic hosts…thank you! These pictures will give you the cliff’s note version of our trip.
Mateo had his Pinewood Derby race while we were there and that is right up the alley of these two little boys. Uncle Brian made cars for all the little kids the next day. He even let Luke design his own Star Wars derby car. Uncle Brian rocks!
Aunt Denice took us to an incredible Children’s Museum while we were there. My kids had SO. MUCH. FUN. I love that feeling. You know the one. The feeling where you know, without a doubt, that you did good that day for your kids. I was warm all over watching them enjoy their day. I miss this museum. If we had one nearby we would definitely have a year pass. This is the play dough table they had outside. Soffia took good care of Sadie.
On the way home from the museum we stopped for a sweet treat at the Phoenix Ranch Market. I was a little disappointed with my dry, fauxtess cupcake but the doughnuts did not disappoint the kids. Look at Stone’s face…priceless. Sadie was wondering where hers was?
Another park of the museum, cool bike riding.
Luke chomping down. He takes after his momma.
I forget what they call this activity at the museum but it was fun.
Stone and Luke let the creative juices flow. It really made me want to play with some fondant.
PVC pipe is a blank canvas. Ethan was a little creatively stumped…he wanted to move on.
B and D have a great pool and hot tub. Friday night B warmed up the hot tub and all the kiddos got in (minus Sadie). Ethan has been asking for one in our backyard ever since.
I have read about the great hikes on D’s blog ever since they moved to AZ and we got to experience one. It was beautiful and we all got a good workout in.
Two cuties. I could squeeze ‘em.


5 Comments:
sounds like you had a great time! Too bad the husband wasn't able to come.
missed having you come here, but glad you were able to visit them, looks like a blast!
Oh, we loved having you... I hope we wern't too crazy for you guys, and I hope all of your "curiosities" were answered. I wish I would have known... we would have been on our "better" behaivor. :)
We want to visit the AZ Rasmussens!
Post a Comment