Have you heard of Amy Atlas? She's an event planner in NYC. Let me be specific, a high end event planner. Take a look at some of the pictures I copied from her blog/website.
I love her stuff. Who wouldn't love one of her parties? I can't think of anyone. I want to be the Amy Atlas of the west coast. But as soon as I say that sentence my head is flooded with all the reasons I can't; rational and irrational. The number one reason that glares at me is that I'm a mom. I don't know how to be both. I know it would take a lot of time, effort, and money (the latter is the second reason that glares at me...I don't have any to spare) to be an Amy Atlas but its the separation between mommy and party planner that I can't figure out. Can you tell I'm going through one of my "self fulfillment phases?" I chose to be a mom. I want to be a mom. But I'm itching to be something else too. Do you ever go through these phases? What do you do about it? I don't know how to satisfy both.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Dream Job

Posted by
Camilla
at
12:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Comments:
I haven't figured that out either...well as far as doing something with my life. since i ended up homeschooling i feel like i'll never have enough time to do something like that. but i still make time for fun stuff. i've never heard of her but those pics are amazing! maybe jessica would have some ideas how you could start a business since she did her princess thing when her 2 kiddos where small.
Amazing. I don't know either, but with Jaxon turning 10 recently, made me realize that I only have him for 8-9 more years and then he could be off on his own.....where does the time go?!!!
I hate to say it out loud Camilla ... but I think those things have to wait. Not the thoughts and dreams but putting them into action while your kids are so little. You know how it would eat up so much time away from your number one job. Do I sound old fashioned? I know there are remarkable women out there that do it all but I think there isn't enough time in the day to do either jobs completely the way they need to be done. Does that make sense? It's tough to be a mom because your are in it for the long haul. Wait until your kids are all in school and then you may have more time. (Don't count on it):)
Just looking at the pictures gives me a little anxiety! They are super cool and super over the top. When I have those days, I watch a movie during "quiet time" or find a real page turner to get into. You really are doing amazing things with your days, but always keep dreaming - to every thing there is a season. Keep up the good work :).
:) Love the pictures. I would sure love to photograph one of her parties, they look amazing!
Post a Comment