Saturday, January 9, 2010

Does Santa come to your school?

He came to ours this year. One of the cool things about living where I grew up is seeing my boys experience the same things I did. Its actually kind of twilight-zone-ish...in a good way. There were a lot of pictures I took but I was standing so far away that I didn't get as good of angles as I could usually (haha). They had the parent area taped off so we couldn't be with our kids. Each class was brought on to the black top and sat down to watch Santa's helicopter land. He circled the school a few times and you could hear him saying "Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!" from the helicopter up in the air. The helicopter landed out on the field and Santa was escorted in. I thought it was so funny that Santa seemed to have as many bodyguards as Mr. President himself. Then the kids just lined up and were shuffled past Santa, it was pretty quick. I guess he was visiting all the schools that day. That night Luke and Ethan were talking to us about the whole event and Ethan said "but Santa wasn't real, he was fake." Steve and I quickly jumped in with how busy Santa is that sometimes he has his elves dress up and go places for him because he can't go himself. Ethan seemed to believe it...hopefully.

4 Comments:

Denice said...

OK, Santa in a helicopter is pretty insane... I want to go to that school! I have never heard of it, and I am not going to tell my boys because they will start to get big ideas! Love it!

Sher said...

Santa's "helper Santa" (Since it is too close to Christmas, the real Santa has to stay at the North pole, but has helper Santas visit all over the world - that's why they all look a little different - at least that's what we tell our kids) visits our school, but nothing like that. The kids bring a doller and get their picture taken with him. It's a cute momento.

zeeny said...

I totally remember Santa coming in a helicopter! Our schools don't really have a ton to do with Santa...I guess they do talk about it a bit, but not like growing up. And don't even get me started on my kids not being able to wear costumes on Halloween...how sad!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

that was my favorite part about my kids going to rockwall schools. seeing them at the same thigns i did when i was little!!