Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Eve

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
little children were acting and I was watching with my spouse.
What a beautiful little manger scene, Joseph and Mary were there.
Baby Jesus was quite compliant, but the donkey had a lot of hair.
When at the front door there arose such a clatter,
I sat in my chair waiting to see what was the matter.
As I drew in my head and was turning around,
Through the front entrance St. Nicholas came with a bound.
He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
and his clothes were not tarnished with ashes and soot.
A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler, just opening his pack.
(adapted from the poem by Clement Moore)

We went to my parents house for Christmas Eve. We had our usual potluck dinner that was delicious (I made the rolls). Then the kids put on a little manger reenactment while my dad read from the scriptures. Zane didn't want to be the donkey so Clay stepped up to the part! Thankgoodness too because carrying Joseph (aka Luke) alone would have been a little much for little Zbo...ha. My mom had arranged for Santa to come. He brought all the gifts that my grandma, aka Bisa (trasnlation=great grandma), had sent for us. Merry Christmas!!!

2 Comments:

Mae said...

love the poem, Milla! so clever!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

u look so pretty and tan!!! how are u that tan?