Saturday, September 27, 2008

100 Things About Me

1. I was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Its a beautiful place, I really love it there. 2. I speak fluent Portuguese. 3. I hope to take my children and husband there one day so they can see that part of my life. 4. I love to travel. 5. I have a dream that I'll be able to see Italy one day. 6. I analyze and analyze and analyze all the wrong things, I think I get that from my dad. 7. Analyzing is paralyzing, it holds me back sometimes. 8. I want to do something daring on my 30th birthday; sky dive, hang glide, something challenging. 9. Sometimes I feel like I'm out of my body looking at what my life is and I can't believe I'm here. 10. I have a nervous habit of gnawing on my fingers. 11. My husband hates that nervous habit. 12. I hate my glasses but I hate contacts more. 13. People tell me I'm a pretty girl, I've always felt ugly. 14. But I've had this secret infatuation with modeling. 15. I'm so embarrassed to admit that infatuation. 16. I'm not athletic but I consider myself active. 17. I bruise easily, very easily. 18. I play the flute. 19. I want to be able to play the piano. 20. I am craving some change (I guess its good we're having a baby). 21. One day I hope to become a nurse. 22. I dated a man 10 years older than me, I felt like the adult. He didn't last long. 23. I celebrate with food. 24. I love to try new things; new restaurants, new places, new activities. It makes me feel alive. 25. I like to have people over for dinner. 26. I was completely blind for a short period after being in a moped accident when I was around eight. 27. I try to solve people's problems. 28. I love to shop. 29. I have expensive taste. 30. I don't shop because I have expensive taste. 31. I love finding stores that satisfy my expensive taste but are cheap. 32. I change my mind often. 33. I like to cross off days on the calendar. 34. I like breakfast foods. 35. I have always wanted straight hair. 36. I am running another half marathon on May 3rd. 37. I second guess my parenting decisions (see #6). 38. I think my dream job would be a food critic; whatever would require my traveling high and low to sample foods and give my opinion. 39. I have a wild side but I mostly live through my practical side. 40. I was Steve's first and last girlfriend, I couldn't let him go. 41. I love the family I married into. 42. I watch too much t.v. 43. I'm horrible with surprises. 44. My husband is great at them. He surprised me with a new car and I never saw it coming! 45. I thought high school was fine but college was sooooo much better. 46. I was ecstatic the day I got my acceptance letter to BYU. 47. I had two crazy roommates my freshman year at the Y, they both hated me for weird reasons. 48. My first car was one I bought. Walked in and told the dealer what I could spend and took what they could give me, no co-signer. I didn't even have a job yet. 49. I can drive stick but I prefer automatic, especially with kids. 50. I dressed up as Santa's elf and took pictures in the mall for a job one year. 51. I don't know how to wear make up, just eyeliner and mascara. 52. I want to learn how to do the rest. 53. I like to dye my hair. 54. I'm not a big video game person. 55. I support the death penalty. 56. I think politics is a crock most of the time. 57. I took ballet and tap when I was little, ain't got no rhythm. 58. I took karate and thought it was lame. 59. I hated piano lessons but regret that now. 60. I learn by doing, not really by being told how. 61. I'm not a good conversationalist, wish I was. 62. I'm not outgoing unless I'm around outgoing people, they pull it out of me. 63. I wore Steve's favorite lotion to the movies (before we were dating) and hid my hands under my coat the entire time. 64. My dad pierced my ears when I was a couple months old. 65. We will be piercing our daughter's ears before she's six months old. 66. My favorite class was Anatomy at BYU. 67. Especially the lab when we got to study the cadavers. 68. I hated my Economics class, mumbo jumbo. 69. I have only set the bar on one test in my life. 70. I woke up at 3:30am to study once. 71. I never pulled an all-nighter. 72. My grades went up after I got married. 73. After dinner I always crave something sweet. 74. I have a hard time leaving food on my plate, even if I'm full. 75. I used to love scary movies. 76. Now I get nightmares. 77. I hate to cry, especially in front of people. 78. I think I cry easily. 79. I've cried while watching a commercial. 80. After having kids, anything with kids in it can make me cry. 81. I have wanted to take a cake decorating class for years but never get around to signing up. 82. I played with Barbies growing up, I hope to keep my daughter away from them. 83. I have two sisters and one brother. 84. My brother is the youngest of the bunch, I'm the oldest. 85. My sister Evelyn got married before me, I thought she was insane. 86. I was completely wrong about that. 87. I got married 10 months later, didn't see that coming. 88. I wore my sister's wedding dress, just had the sleeves changed to 3/4 length instead of cap. 89. I was over an hour late to my own sealing. 90. Sometimes I play the lottery. 91. First thing I'd do if I won, retire my parents and inlaws. 92. I love movie theater popcorn with butter. 93. I don't like rap music. 94. I used to think country music was worse, now its most of what I listen to. 95. I like to read. 96. Sometimes I read the last page first. 97. I follow For Better or For Worse and Luann comic strips, don't know why but now I'm sucked in. 98. I like to paint but not my house. 99. I love going to the spa, if only I could afford it more often. 100. This list has been hard to put together. Phew, I'm done. This has taken me way too long. I'm not tagging anyone else but I'd love to read yours if you do one!

5 Comments:

Sher said...

I so enjoyed reading this, thanks for doing it! So much I didn't know about you...so glad you're part of the fam!!!

Katie said...

Yep, that's my Camilla! You crack me up. One of my favorites is the cucumber melon lotion story - you chicken! I love ya! You're awesome.

zeeny said...

Wow, that was fun getting to know you a bit better! I always thought you were beautiful in high school and wished I were so lucky! I guess we are sometimes our worst critics!! Enjoy the next few weeks with the anticipation of a new little one!

The Nedrys said...

I enjoyed reading all these interesting facts about you...thanks for sharing!

sEcr8t8gEnt said...

Hahahahahahaha...i absolutely loved this...you rock camilla =)