Monday, September 15, 2008

First day of school

Ethan was a little hesitant about going to school. I suggested that he draw a picture for his new teacher, Miss Leah. He really liked that idea so we sat down and this is what he drew; a blue sun with two blue clouds, a picture of himself in green and he wrote "I love you Miss Leah" in black at the top (this is all per his discription). Isn't that so cute? This is my kind, loving, innocent, fun loving little boy. When we got to school he was shy so I told Miss Leah that he had drawn her a picture. He told her what it said on it and she asked him for a hug. Of course, being the emotional woman I am I got tears in my eyes. I had to walk back to the car with my head down so all the other parents wouldn't see me crying. As soon as I got in the car I called Steve and told him I didn't know if I could do this. Ethan is in the five day program at Harper this year and I am still debating on if I've made the right decision (I think this is a curse of being a mother, I'm always wondering if I'm making the right decisions for my boys). I miss him more than I thought I would. They are in a great program and they both have wonderful teachers. They both seem happy to be there. I'm trying to hold out until our baby is born and see if I'm still going through my seperation anxiety with the boys. They grow up so fast.....

3 Comments:

Jennings said...

I am glad that Ethan did so well on his first day of school. That is nice that you get a little time to yourself each day to relax. It will be nice for you especially after the baby comes and you can spend some extra one on one time with her.

Your kids are getting so big!! They are both adorable and sound like so much fun. Good luck on getting the master bedroom done. I would like to see more pictures when it is finished! Good luck on getting ready for the baby too!

Katie said...

What a sweet little guy!Ethan is a cutie!

Our Family said...

I can't believe how big the boys are getting! I also can't believe you only have 24 more days to go! Let us know when the big day is!