Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lukey-licious

This post is dedicated to my little Luke, who is slowly outgrowing the "little" part. Luke just turned three. We had cake and presents on Sunday with the Powers side of the family. Vovo gave him his own Guarana to drink....mmmmm, lucky kid. Monday was his actual birthday but it fell on Labor Day and Steve and I being the anti-crowd people we are we stayed home and hung out. We did try to make it a little special. We gave him our gift, which was his first bike with training wheels. He took off on it so fast! We got McDonald's for lunch, which he loves. Just little special things like that. Then Tuesday Steve took the day off work and we took Ethan and Luke to the Discovery Science center. They loved it! We stood in the wind tunnel to feel what 78 mph winds feel like. We went in the earthquake simulator booth to feel what an 8.4 and 9 quake feel like. We checked out the "Grossology" exhibit with all kinds of gross facts. There was so much to do.
I still can't believe Luke is three. Most other people can't believe it either. Usually the guess is that he and Ethan are twins, I even had someone ask me if Luke was five years old once! Whoa. He is going to Harper two days a week. He is in Miss Jessica's class with Chloe Manning in our ward. I miss him. When I watch him walk away with his teacher I just can't believe its already been three years since he was born. I picked him up on the first day and he said "Mommy I missed you. I wasn't happy here." This last week we were driving home from picking he and Ethan up from school and Luke was picking his nose. I asked him why he was doing that and he said "Mom, I love boogers." He cracks me up!
On Friday we were running errands together while Ethan was at school and we stopped to get some frozen yogurt. Love you Lukey!! Love you sooooooooo much.

2 Comments:

Sher said...

Such adorable kiddos! How are they/you doing this week? Does Ethan go all day, 5 days a week or is it just a couple of hours? Just one more month, can you believe it? Every time I look at your baby timer, I can't believe how fast it has gone for us - probably slow for you!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i can't believe he's 3 either because miah is SOOO Much smaller than luke (it seems) and he's gonna be 4 in march. my goodness that luke is a big guy. but then again, miah is a midget i swear! haha