Friday, August 29, 2008

No longer video-handicapped

I've got a list of everything we need to record. Luke picking his nose - this one should be easy because he is quite the gold digger lately (how do you get kids to stop?). The boys chasing each other round in circles like dogs chase their tales. Ellie and the boys playing princess and prince Philip, I've got to catch them kissing each other so they wake up. You may think I'm being a good mom but I've got alterior motives. Two words...black mail. Haha.

This morning Steve was showing me how to work the little piece of equipment and Ethan and Luke enjoyed being the "movie stars." In this little clip they are taking turns reciting the scripture D&C 68:27. We started saying scriptures after family prayer in the morning and the boys do really well memorizing them. I have to admit I was surprised! In our primary the children are all asked, throughout the year, to give the opening prayer and recite the scripture of the month then the rest of the primary repeats it. Ethan's turn came around, the second time, and he had it memorized and said it all by himself at the primary pulpit! I was so proud I was holding back the tears (especially since I was conducting that day and didn't want everyone to see me as soon as I got up to continue the exercises). His first attempt was not pretty but we didn't prepare him enough. We learned and this time was flawless. Another moment we missed during our video handicap days.....(sigh).

Since I'll probably be posting more videos now I've decided to go private...yet again. I know, I know, I'm pretty schizophrenic about being private. Thank you for all your patience. My husband can attest to how I have a "talent" for changing my mind :) (If you want a recent example talk to me about preschool.) I'm having deja vu, I think I've said this before.

5 Comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

haha! i love ethan giving luke the thumbs up while he's doing his scripture!!

u know i wanna be invited so don't forget me!

Sher said...

cute, that's great to get them started early on memorization - it will really help them when they start school! how was the weekend with the AZ rasmussens - did the casing get done around your windows?

The Naylor Family said...

Your boys are so cute! Can't wait to see what a little female version will look like. I can't memorize squat!! Tried to do the first scripture mastery scripture but still can't get it. My Kelsey (of course she older -- 16) just passed off memorizing the entire Living Christ for a YW Project. AMAZING!! I think I have pre-alzhiemers!

Hermana Law said...

Hey Camilla, I think that it is good for your blog to be private I struggle with mine not being, your boys are so cute and it is fun to see all your family. Hope all is well.

Jen Law

ww said...

I would love an invitation to the exclusive blog. See you soon!