Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hooplah

1. This is the second week I've been volunteering with the Yes on Proposition 8 campaign. I am so outside my comfort level. Last week I went "walking" - basically knocking door to door to see how people felt about Prop 8 and whether they would support it or not come November. Today I did phone calls. I don't know which one I liked better. Last week went better than I expected. No one really shut their doors on my faces. Some people just refused to come to the door but its all good. The people that did come to the door were, for the most part, genial. No one was particularly happy to see me but no one chewed my head off either. Today it seemed that 90% of the phone numbers I was calling belonged to those individuals in the 70 and older category. I struggled to make myself heard a few times, a couple people were afraid I was after their money, and one lady just asked me "what do you want from me?!" But most of what I did was leave a message hoping they would support Prop 8 in November. I don't so much enjoy using my Saturdays to work on this campaign but I just can't have peace if I'm not doing something. Not to sound too dramatic but I don't want to even think of what's going to happen if this doesn't pass. 2. I've been daydreaming lately of my afterlife. Not my afterlife afterlife, as in after my literal life is over. I'm talking about the post-delivery afterlife. And I'm not daydreaming of the sleepless nights, juggling three kids, feeding schedules or whether or not I'm going to nurse. I'm daydreaming of my transformation and having my body back. Doing things like washing my car, bending over to pick something up or wash my kids without a big belly cramping me, or jogging again. This is what I'm envisioning in my head....

I know its going to mean major change and going to take some major time. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

3. I just found out that the OC marathon changed its race date to 5.3.09 instead of being in January. I'm so excited because now I can run it, the half marathon that is. Anyone want to join me? I start training six weeks after this baby girl is born (around Thanksgiving or beginning of December), if not sooner. Don't be intimidated by the mileage. If I can do it, you can too!

4. I'm kind of tired of other people's pets coming in our yard and relieving themselves. Our backyard is some cat's personal litter box and I am tired of cleaning up after it! If I wanted to scoop up a cat's poop I would get one! Ugh, I feel so imposed upon. I'm not a cat hater, don't get me wrong. I think they are cute and cuddly. I don't consider myself much of a pet person period. Therefore our lack thereof at the moment. But I still have to clean up after someone else's so that my curious little boys don't get into it. Blah.

5. Just finished Escape by Carolyn Jessop. Holy Moly I can't believe what she put up with. I can't believe any woman can put up with the junk the FLDS women put up with. I gained a new perspective into religious fanaticism.

2 Comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

I totally know what you men about daydreaming of the afterlife. i'm STILL daydreaming of my post baby body, WHERE IS IT?!?!?! The third one really takes a toll on the bod, just a warning. For some reason I've never had so much extra skin with the others. blah.

the race..i think i would totally do it with you if i end up being over there by you. we'll find out in a couple weeks where we're going. the marine corp marathom in DC is in october and austin and some friends here are runnin it. i think i'd LIKE to run it but i've never run anything more than a 5k so jumping to a FULL marathon might make me loose control of my bowels or something. I'll wait for the half with you and then maybe do a full in a couple years.

Don said...

Sprinkle black pepper (cheapo stuff ok) where they are going and scratching. They get a sniff of it and go elsewhere.

Sorry we ruined you affection for pets (Montana and Nephi)...

Hope all is well with the pregnancy and that you'll be enjoying life again soon !

Don and Meldee