Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Highlights

1. Ethan and Luke made it through their dental exams with no buggies! Hooray for clean teeth! Luke even let them take x-rays of his teeth. I was so proud of both of them and I just wanted to do the hallelujah dance that we walked out of there paying nada, zero, zilch! Clean teeth aside, I really like our dentist office. The office and staff are perfect for children. There is never a grumpy face (unlike the doctors office today). If you need a pediatric dentist, I have a great one.

2. After waiting a week I finally received my copy of Breaking Dawn. I read it in two days, thanks to my wonderful husband who let me just dive right in. Thank you Stephenie Meyer, you sure did deliver. Now I'm moving on to a book I just got from my hold list at the library. I've been waiting for this book for a few months now. Its called Escape by Carolyn Jessop. She writes about getting out of her polygamist marriage with her eight children. Should be an interesting read.
3. The boys got TB shots today to get ready for preschool registration. Neither of them shed a tear! Luke later told Clay that he was "revy, revy, revy bwave." For some reason he was having a hard time with his ll's and r's. I'm registering them at the school nearby but if they don't get in I'm not too worried about it. I see it as a way for them to get out of the house and participate in an educational and social environment, since I will have my hands full in October for a little while and might not be able to produce one for them myself until I get a grip on having a newborn again. But, like I said, if they don't get in or for some reason don't want to stick it out then I'm more than willing to pull them out....no harm, no foul.
4. Luke lost his paci almost a week ago and we "haven't found it." Honestly, I found it the next morning but he didn't see me find it so I stashed it away. We've been using this as an excuse to get him off his pacifier. He only ever used it to sleep so he wasn't quite as hooked as Ethan was but its still been tough. He has skipped a couple naps and had a harder time relaxing to sleep at night. I feel bad for him but I know its just part of reprogramming himself. Steve and I have tried to stay by his side a little longer and help him settle into sleep at night. There are days I'm tempted to give it back to him, like today when he and Ethan just played in their room the entire time they were supposed to be napping. You can do it, Luke!
5. Ironing clothes in not my favorite past time, I just have to say....blah....
6. The boys have really been enjoying the farm class we signed up for through the community. We have two more left. The first week they got to brush a big hairy pig! The pig just stood their and ate its carrot soup while all the kids took a turn brushing its brittle hair and feeling its leathery skin. Then they got to take a pony ride, definitely the highlight. Except I didn't know to bring helmets and they had to use one that was provided.....ohhh, nasty! I just pray they don't get head lice or something. Anyway, the second week they got to hold little baby chicks. These chicks were so adorable and they fit right in the palms of their hands. They got to feed them too. And again, the pony ride. Luke is too young (notice I didn't say little) to ride by himself so I am always asked to walk beside the horse with one hand on his leg just in case. They are in heaven each time. Again, I forgot the helmets....shudder. I need to ask someone to take a picture for me one of these times. Only two more classes to go.
7. I can't believe its mid-August already.....wow.

4 Comments:

anna banana said...

Fun times! Congrats on the clean teeth. I cant believe it is mid- August either, craziness...

James and Ev said...

those boys of yours...always having a fun time! You are a great mom! Time to start thinking about mr. lukeys birfday..

Sher said...

you're so good, i need to get my kids in to the dentist....i need to find a good one, i didn't like our last one. hmmmm....shouldn't allen be done soon?

The Good News said...

OOoooooo! I just finished Escape a few weeks ago after waiting a few months on the library wait list also. You are going to LOVE it. I read it in just a few short days. It's IMPOSSIBLE to put down. Thank goodness for good husbands who will put up with a messy house for a few days...or a week! Let me know what you think of the book when you're done!