I never knew him personally but I never needed to in order to know what kind of man he was, always will be. He was a man of God. The Spirit of God could be felt whenever he was in the room. My family always felt a small bond to him because he served his mission in Brazil and returned often for assignments. I loved to hear him speak Portuguese! As I listen to the funeral services being broadcast on BYU-TV my heart fills with the Spirit testifying that he IS an Apostle of God. What a marvelous thing it is to know that there is a church on the Earth with Apostles of God, just as Christ himself organized when he was on the Earth over 2,000 years ago. I know Christ has organized this church. I know Heavenly Father stands at its head. I know He has called Gordon B. Hinckley to be its Prophet and President. I know the Book of Mormon is scripture, just as the Bible is Holy Scripture. My heart goes out to his family he has left behind. Thank you, President Faust, for all your service.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
President James E. Faust

Posted by
Camilla
at
11:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment