Sunday, December 14, 2008

List

Grandma Rasmussen came to visit after Thanksgiving. She brought some fun teeth that Ethan and Luke experimented with. These are their "Arrrrgh" faces. She also brought a recipe for coconut cake. (She heard about my infatuation with coconut macadamia nut gelato and thought she would indulge the sweet tooth a little.) This thing was the real deal. She said she got the recipe from a Family Circle magazine. It had coconut milk in the batter and cream cheese frosting. She made the cake and I happily ate a piece every day, it was delicious! We also made strawberry freezer jam one day. That was delicious too.

She also went to work making a stocking for Sadie. It is gorgeous. Here she is ironing it. I would take a picture of the finished product but its not quite done. I need to embroider Sadie's name on it so I want you to have the full effect.
I love christmas cards. December rolls around and I anxiously await the mailman as though he were Santa Claus himself. I love opening the cards and seeing pictures of friends and family, reading letters or lists. I love how my little snow man card holder looks jam packed with cards from loved ones. I display the most recent card in the front until the next card comes to take its place. Here he is looking a little bare, christmas cards where are you?
Here is our first one!!! Ev, you get the prize for first Christmas card of the season...ding! ding! ding! Ahhh, I feel much better now that my snowman isn't so lonely anymore.

6 Comments:

Mae said...

That cake was awesome. And the stocking...I still need to make one for Zane. Maybe you want to make another one?!

sEcr8t8gEnt said...

Sadie...it was so great and wonderful to hold you and see you...finally =) I normally don't hold babies until they're drop-proof (as if they ever are), but you were so cute, I couldn't resist. You're so cute and perty and such a chill baby...love ya a gazillion pieces =)

The Naylor Family said...

That cake sound scumptious! Almond Joy is my fav candy bar! I love Christmas Cards too -- it's a tradition that I refuse to give up even if postage goes to .75 a letter!!!!! Glad that you are on my list!

Sher said...

I just sent our cards off - hopefully you'll get by the end of the week! Looking forward to seeing the final product of Sadie's stocking!

James and Ev said...

can i copy your post on christmas cards! I loved it!!!

Unknown said...

i love your snowman card holder! i love receiving cards too...especially the ones w/pics. :D that cake sure sounds yummy! can't wait to see sadie's stocking. grandma's sure are wonderful aren't they?!