Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cabin Fever



We had a great time over the 4th of July with most of the Rasmussen clan up in the mountains of Utah. No one even got sick during the drive or the trip, thats a huge improvement from our last trip to Utah. I finished Eclipse the first day. I'm so excited for the next book! Ethan and Luke fell in love with the four wheelers that Sherrie and Wil brought up. Sherrie and Wil were so patient and willing to take the boys out on rides whenever they asked...which was all the time! We went for a fun nature hike one day, ate delicious dutch oven potatoes and cobbler with ribs for the 4th, played at the river, went fishing, made wood airplanes and boats, flew foam airplanes and hung out with all the cousins and aunts and uncles. It was a blast! Thanks to everyone that made it so much fun. Of course I forgot my camera so I snuck in some last minute pictures from the last four wheeler ride with my phone. Ethan has the helmet and gloves on, which became an immediate necessity from the beginning...he wouldn't ride without them because he saw his cousin Jaxon (who has his own four wheeler) wearing one and his dad and uncle wearing them so he had to be like them. It was so nice to get away from the city and be up in the mountains. Ethan and Luke were so filthy every day...isn't that what childhood is all about?

3 Comments:

Jennings said...

I am glad that your trip went much smoother this time. I can't believe that you finished the book in a day! That is nice that you were able to do that. Good luck with getting everything ready for the baby!

James and Ev said...

I guess now Ethan and Luke have exchanged us as the "cool aunt and uncle" for a better one with quads...Sounds like it was fun!

Mae said...

So, this is Quadman! I've been dying to meet him! Looks like Luke is almost scared of him! That is so funny! I'm so glad you had fun!