One of my wonderful sister in laws posted a really sweet post on her blog about enjoying the now because she'll miss it when its gone. Ever since then when a particularly hairy situation arises I ask myself, am I really going to miss this? I've started thinking about all the things I will and won't miss. Here's a few, see if you can add any to it. Won't Miss battling over dinner - I never knew eating could be such an issue. whining - sometimes it seems like the only manner of speech. tantrums - at times they are comical but for the most part I could really do without. diapers - I know it comes with the territory but some days it seems like they never end...and I only have one in diapers right now! Will Miss cuddling - I know they are going to outgrow it eventually hugs and kisses - again, they'll probably outgrow these too being the most important person in the world to them - the day their hearts get broken and they turn to someone else will be a very sad day putting them to bed - another thing they'll probably outgrow being beside them for every new discovery - Ethan's only in preschool and sometimes its so sad to miss out on that; hear about it after the fact I know there are many more I'll probably think of after I've posted this. Motherhood definitely has a lot of ups and downs but the ups make all the downs worth it.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 Comments:
I will miss the way they explain things/talk in general. I love to try and figure out how their little minds work. :)
Post a Comment