Thursday, May 8, 2008

Barf fest 2008

Sat - Drive to Utah. Ethan has had a fever but nothing else so I shrug it off to growing pains. Steve has been fighting a cold and it seems to get worse on the drive. Luke has dual ear infections. Luke throws up 3 minutes before getting to Sherrie's house, Steve catches it in a bag...thankfully. Luke throws up again 3 minutes before getting to hotel in Utah, no bag for catching. After being in the car for 10 hours this is the icing on the cake. :) Thankgoodness we have a washer and dryer inside our room.


Sun - Steve stays in bed all day, Ethan still has a fever, Luke seems to be fine. I find out that my sister's baby was throwing up yesterday and today its her two year old but figure we're not staying together so we should be ok. Steve feels better enough to drive out to Salt Lake and we visit Brittany and Tyler and Reilly and Sean....thanks guys!!


Mon - We make it out to BYU. We all got some shirts and went to the Eyring Science center to show the boys the fun stuff. Ethan still has a fever but it seems to come and go. The boys both take their naps (Steve got one in too) at Mae and Clay's place in Provo. I was shocked they actually slept on the floor under our jackets for blankets. Luke used Zane's paci. Then we met up with the Pelos and Hewards for some tasty Cafe Rio. Thanks guys!!!


Tues - Wedding extravaganza! Ethan seems to be feverless. Congrats Raquel and Greg, you are an adorable couple. Thank you Britt and Reilly for watching all the kids, you two are such troopers. We leave for Mesquite around 3pm.


Wed - Ethan pukes at 3am and again around 3:30am. I puke at 6am then again a few hours later. We get brave enough to pack up and head home and make it back around 6pm. Ethan pukes again at midnight.


Ethan stayed home from preschool and didn't get to play in the first tball game but we all seem to be doing better. New resolution, if any members of the family are sick before a trip....the trip is CANCELED. I wanted to try and see more people (the Funks, the Parks, and the Emerys) but with all the sicknesses it just didn't seem feasible. I'm so sad but hope you all are well.

Here's the one and only picture I remembered to take.


5 Comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

thats so horrible!! i'm sorry it was a rough trip, hope everyone is doing better now.

zeeny said...

So sorry about all the vomit...yuck. by the way, if you do go private my email is jbarzee(at)nycap(dot)rr(dot)com I love keeping up with your cute family. Hope you all are feeling better!

Jennings said...

I am so sorry that you guys had such a rough trip. I am very impressed that you stuck it out. I hope that you are all feeling better now!

Katie said...

You had me hooked with the title "Barf fest 2008". That was a good one!

Ashley Funk said...

Man, I bet the ten-hour drive seemed to last forever! We wish we could have seen you, too. Maybe next time? Or maybe we'll actually make a trip to SoCal? I really want to, but it probably won't be for another year!