Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The results are in


This is the first picture of our baby girl....that's right, we're having a girl. Steve and I went in for my ultrasound today and we got some cute pictures of her. She looks good weighing 12 oz. and the tech said she's normal size for where I am at (a little over 19 weeks). In this picture it looks like she is sucking her thumb. We were going to bring Ethan with us to see the ultrasound but he wanted to stay with Luke at Ev's house instead. So on the way to pick them up I stopped at Rite Aid and bought some little bottles filled with candy pacifiers and they had pink tops. I got to Ev's and handed one to each boy (of course, I couldn't leave Ellie out either) and told them they were going to have a little sister. I think they were more interested in the candy but Ev was really excited! Thankgoodness she has girls because this is new territory for us. I feel like I'm becoming a mom all over again, its exciting and scary at the same time. I took a picture of the boys holding their candy bottles but it got messed up in the transferring phase so I'll have to wait until Steve can help me fix it before I post it up here. Now begins the name hunt. I have no idea what we'll name her, I am open for suggestions.

13 Comments:

anna banana said...

Hooray, the Rasmussen tradition continues! I am so excited!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

wooo hooo!!! that's SOO freakin exciting for you guys! I can't wait to see her, she's gonna be gorgeous!!

Jennie said...

Congratulations....Girls are so much fun!! I am so excited for you!

katia vovo' said...

Puxa ate' que enfim a torcida venceu!!!!!!!!! Steve escondendo o jogo dizendo que nao sabia a receita de menina. Ele sempre bem modesto
Ela e' a coisa mais lidinha chupando dedo...
Zane vai adorar a "compania" .....
"Livia" e' a minha primeira sugestao pro nome: Livia Anne.... cuuuuuute!!!!
Mil Parabens!!!!!!!!!!

The Nedrys said...

Congratulations on your coming little girl! I can't wait to hear all about the adventures a little girl brings.

The McGary Family said...

Yahoo for girls!! Get ready for lots of pink, lavendar, lace and ribbons!!

Jennings said...

Congratulations!! I am very excited for you guys. Enjoy buying the girl clothes! Good luck on the name thing too. We still haven't decided on a name for this baby girl.

zeeny said...

Congrats! We like girls around here. I like the name Madelyn, Brie, Bailey, and Bella (something about B's!) I'm sure whatever name you pick will be great. I always thought you and your sisters all had the prettiest names.

James and Ev said...

Yea for Stevie!! Ellie knew that she had to break Steve in just in time before his one true heartbreaker arrives...She is going to be adored and fully protected by her Bros! I love Mavenie or Maveny, Paige, Mia, and I am sure I will be adding onto as I think...good luck!

sEcr8t8gEnt said...

Congrats to the new baby girl!!! Yay!!!! As far as names go, Esther is an awesome one. It's really really pretty. Pretty girls are named Esther =) You want your girl to be pretty, right???

Bartlett Pair said...

Esther stole my line. I was going to suggest Mae, though, of course! ha ha ha. I'm with Ev on Maveny and Paige.

Sher said...

Yipee!!! Another girl cousin!!! I like the names Kinzley, Harlee, Marissa, Mia, Olivia.......should I go on? Have fun choosing your own special one! miss you guys, Sherrie

Don said...

Congrats on having a girl Steve and Camilla. It's wonderful news.
I'm sure the potty training routine will change in the future, now that it's a girl...(when it's time of course)...ha!ha!

Name suggestions...Brooke,Sydni, Mackayla, Erin, Kirsti (kear-sti), Lindsay, Abby, Zoe(Zo-ee), Hailey, Alicia,(that about covers A - Z).

Congrats to Ethan and Luke too! You're going to be great brothers !