Monday, February 11, 2008

I hate computers

I'm feeling pretty hostile toward my computer. I don't care if user error has anything to do with anything. I hate my computer. I hate it for lulling me into a false sense of security - that anything saved within its hard drives, motherboards, graphics card...whatever, is safe from harm. I hate my computer. I hate it for confusing the heck out of even the most skilled user therefore causing permanent damage "due to user error." I hate my computer. I hate it for requiring hard drives and back up hard drives. I hate my computer. I hate it for crashing. I hate my computer. I hate that all my boys' pictures are gone, lost in electrical space, never to be viewed again. I hate my computer. I hate it even more because I'm sitting here again, in front of my computer. Typing away how much I hate it. Loathing it with every key I push. Cursing it for not being able to be sent to a data recovery specialist and somehow be resurrected. I hate it for all the precautions I "should have" taken and now its gone....gone baby gone. I hate my computer.

3 Comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

oh my gosh...ur scaring me. i need to backup all my pictures before this happens to me. thanks for the warning camilla!! oh and by the way, if the baby was a girl it would have been milla which reminds me of you!

Ashley Funk said...

You're kidding! Oh, I'm so sorry! Our computer has been acting up (freezing) lately, so this weekend we backed up our hard drive to DVDs, but I'm still scared to death of something like that happening.

Abbie said...

Yikes...that doesn't even sound like you. Must be bad. Use some kind of online back up for your pictures...I have all my pictures on Costco.com. Just an idea!! :)