Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jack-o-lanterns and super heroes

Yesterday we had fun getting ready for Halloween (its about time huh?). We cut out construction paper bats and ghosts and taped them to our walls and windows. Then we carved our pumpkins. Luke would not put his hand inside the pumpkin but Ethan dug right in! I bet you're wondering why my boys are pantless? Well, its been pretty warm down here because of the Santa Ana winds and fires so when we're just at home I let them cool off a bit. That's the beauty of being a kid huh?

Today we got a very special package in the mail. Grandma Rasmussen mailed the Batman and Superman capes to us. She worked so hard making them and I have to say they look better than ANYTHING I have seen in the stores. Ethan was so excited he went to sleep with his on. And I can't forget to mention that as soon as the capes went on I could only refer to the boys by their super hero names thus it was "Good night Superman Ethan and goodnight Batman Luke." Thankgoodness for Grandmas, she's the real super hero today.

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

awesome capes! Grandma's are the best. ;) goodnight batman...goodnight spiderman...lol

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

Very very cute capes! I wish we had fun capes like that...tell ur grandma that we like batman, spiderman and superman! *wink*

anna banana said...

Nice work Elaine! I wish we were going to be together for Halloween. All the fun super heroness!

Jennings said...

Very cute pumpkins and capes. That is very funny that Ethan & Luke must be referred to as Superman and Batman. Good luck with the super heroes!

Jared said...

Wow, long time no see huh? I was looking at the pictures of your kids and they are adorable. Hope all is well and take care!

Camilla said...

whoa, i didn't expect a comment from you, jared. thanks for the compliment about my boys. it has been a long time. these blogs are great for things like that huh?