We made a quick trip to Sacramento the first weekend in October (I know I already did an October post but this one deserved a post all its own) for a wedding. Steve took the opportunity to revisit his old stomping grounds in Penryn, CA. Yes, we’re putting Penryn back on the map people! It’s a quaint little place. I’ll show you around.
Here’s the exit you take from the freeway. Quite exciting right?
Penryn is so cool, they have this restaurant that’s a club! Steve couldn’t tell me if the food was any good, he hadn’t ever eaten there but it must be because it was still around.
This is the old. It was kind of a let down seeing it. I’ve heard so many fond memories of this home. The lawn that needed to be mowed with a ride-on mower. The pond in the front. The spacious house. The projects that upgraded it.
This is what was left of the pond.
This is the garage Daddy Dan expanded.
We left the house and drove right on over to the elementary school Steve attended. This is the bench that Uncle Dave put in for his Eagle project. Go Dave!
The kids had fun on the play ground. I think Steve shed a tear…ok, not really. But it sounded good.
Penryn School, ladies and gentlemen.
Steve wanted to drive by the high school he remembers his brothers attending. Del Oro high left some impressions, I’m told.
While we were in Sacramento we got to hang out at our cousin’s grandparent’s house, affectionately called Bubba and ‘nuther Bubba. They are some of the best people. Thank you Ralph and LaVeta!
Sara’s wedding was beautiful! Mae did a great job on her first wedding as a pro photog. I loved the backyard setting. Congrats to Sara!
Unfortunately, we had to come home RIGHT away because Sunday morning Steve was sustained and set apart as second counselor in our ward’s Bishopric. We were so glad to have Mom and Dad come for the special occasion. Our O-side family came up too and it was a party! Steve hasn’t worn a suit since we got married…aw, the irony.


5 Comments:
man, that guy in the wedding picture's got a hairy neck. I'm sure that's what you wanted to capture.
So sad the old home was so run down looking, oh the memories! Love the look of a man in a suit! Hot Stuff Steverino!
Congrats on the calling! Better get used to wearing that suit ... Bishop Rasmussen has a ring to it!!!
It is fun to see some Penryn pics, since I think we ALL have heard so much about that grand place. I hope to get to see it soon since we are only 2 hrs. away... I think we should try that restaurant... we will give it a good review for all to try on their next visit there. :)
Congrats on the new calling!!
Post a Comment