Thursday, December 30, 2010

The bathroom remodel continues

Steve’s brother Brian stopped by for a weekend of fun work on our bathroom. This is usually exciting enough but this time he brought Porter along for the ride…bam! Excellence. Not that you aren’t excellent yourself, Brian. It was a whirlwind weekend but they accomplished some major work. Thank. You. I can’t say it enough. Especially to you, Denice and Anna. You were husbandless so that I could have some work done on my bathroom. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Now, lest you begin to question whether there was really “work” done…here’s the proof!

Lots of dry wall went up that weekend. Its amazing how dry wall makes it feel like it’s a room. It will be a room…eventually. And dry wall gets us closer.

IMG_0947

Do you know how heavy dry wall is? I do. And I was glad this wasn’t me and Steve in this picture but Allen and Steve instead.

IMG_0948

The last time Brian was here he left a big hole in my wall. What’s another hole right? Well, that hole looks much better now that its closed up with dry wall. One day it will be a fancy closet. Put on your imagination caps and envision it with me.

IMG_0951

Brian is hard at work. He always keeps the pace steady, steady…does not waste a minute.

IMG_0946

And this is what Porter did. Ethan and Luke loved having a cousin to visit them. I really didn’t want to send him home!

IMG_0952

Y’all come back now, ya hear?

4 Comments:

Mae said...

that much closer to the end, did you pick a vanity yet?

Sher said...

Exciting, wish we could have helped out. Maybe you should invite Porter down for the summer?!! ;)

The Naylor Family said...

I am so impressed ... I can't even get up enough motivation to just paint my bedroom/bathroom let alone tear down walls! It will be so much fun to have it all finished!

Denice said...

I saw on FB that you updated your blog and I am so excited to see the pics... Brian and Porter were so excited to come and hang I am glad they were helpful too! Your bathroom is looking great, I hope that 2011 is the year of the FINISHED bathroom and closet for YOU!