Saturday, July 25, 2009

List

1. This is probably the 100th time in the last 8 weeks I've fallen off the weight loss wagon. I need a swift kick to Timbuktu, seriously. I DESPERATELY wanted a donut this morning. And then I wanted a churro when I was at Costco. Guess what I did instead? Drank a V8. Yep. Exciting huh? Is this what turning 30 means? What's up with deciding to lose weight and then craving everything BUT the healthy, clean food? Geez. I thought about starting a non-private blog to chronicle my weight loss journey but who wants to read that? Apparently, no one according to my FB status. I know I love reading weight loss books. 2. Mesquite was too darn hot. Really, I've always known I could never live in Arizona but I think I'm going to have to add Nevada to that list. Sorry, Sher. I have decided I would MUCH rather live in cold climates than sweltering hot ones. When its over 100 degrees outside I am immoblized. Something about the cold I can still keep going. Besides, layering is much more condusive to hiding muffin tops. I'm liking it. I am purposefully leaving out all the lovely aspects of our recent trip to Mesquite for another post. As soon as I get some more pics from my super awesome sisters in law...hint..hint (Anna, you're off the hook since your life is a tad too crazy at the moment but don't expect the special treatment for too long). 3. You know the movie "The Village" that M. Night Shyamalan did back in 2004? I want to do that. I guess its kind of like the whole Zion idea for us Mormons (ok, I know I'm stretching a little here and yes, I know I just equated a movie to a Mormonism...sorry). I'm just getting close to sending my little boy into the cold dark world of kindergarten and I'm getting scared. Scared for what this is starting in my life. Scared for the innocence he's going to lose. Scared for the topics we're going to have to address. Scared for the cruelty of children and bullies. I know my village would have bullies too and sex talk still but at least I know the people and want to know them. What do you do when you don't like one of your kids' parents? Geez, I don't want to grow up. I can tell you this though, I would want all of you faithful followers to be in my village. It would be lovely. 4. I hate how blogger doesn't let you upload pictures very easily. Come on, haven't they figured that out already? I picture a swarm of computer geeks (I say that lovingly, I'm married to one) sitting around their computers thinking of how to solve the problems of the eletronic world and this upload picture on Blogger should be at the top of their list. I should be able to upload pictures as I go and not have to do it first and then organize my post around it....geez, inconvenient! 5. I want to go to Utah. Do you know the main reason (there are many reasons but emphasis is on main) why I want to go to Utah? Because I want to go to this bakery. I knew this girl growing up. Not bffs or anything but we went to seminary together and attended the same building for church. Now I wish I had put more effort into knowing her when I was younger. I'm so happy for her. I think its awesome what she's doing. I filled out the interest sheet for her bakery's expansion but I don't think I could commit to it or even pony up the moola for it. Dreamland. 6. Speaking of going to bakeries, I'm having fun pretending to be a baker. I've got two orders this week, one cookies and one cake. Its ironic because I never took a Home Ec class in high school. I was far from interested in this stuff "in my early years." But I remember while I was at BYU I started getting interested in cake decorating. Everytime I walked by that flower shop in the bottom floor of the Wilk (do any of you Alumni remember the name of that shop?) and see their signs advertising the classes. Each time I would think to myself - that would be fun to do but never did. Now that I've started its like I don't want to stop. I can't stop watching cake decorating shows. I can't stop bookmarking baking sites. Tell me, how can a girl lose weight when all she wants to do is bake cake? Its a hardknock life I tell ya. 7. Thinking of signing up to do another half marathon. The Long Beach half in October. Still in the very early stages of deciding, feeling lazy about training. 8. I want my brother to marry a girl that does hair. I really want him to. Purely selfish, I know, but still. Do you think its wrong if I pray for that? Haha....honestly though, it would work for both of us. He likes cute girls and girls that do hair are generally really cute. He likes saving money and being able to do hair saves a TON of money. He's usually dated kind of weird girls (sorry Joseph) and this would pretty much guarantee that she isn't weird and all the sisters would LOVE her. Sounds like a perfect plan. Joseph, go forth and conquer. 9. Pet peeves for the day: 1. people who can't merge while driving. Seriously, stopping to wait for someone to let you merge into their lane is a BAD IDEA. Ugh. 2. When I'm headed to a checkout lane at the grocery store, especially Costco, and some lady beelines it in a full sprint from the other end of the store to get there before me. How old are we? Does it really save you THAT much more time? Don't you see I have three children with me? Ugh.

8 Comments:

Bonnie said...

It appears you have overcome your blogstipation.

1. I know EXACLTY how you feel and I would definitely read your public weight loss blog. We could start one together. We could call it.... Mormon Mommies on a Mission to Melt Muffin-tops! I think it would be a hit! (maybe a shorter name, but you get the idea)

2. I like the baggy sweaters that cold weather requires, but I'm more of a warm weather girl. I hate bitter cold, it hurts.

3. If you ever start a village, I want to come. Just promise me that you won't create some scary red monster that will kill us if we make it through the forest. We can just show our kids "Night of the Living Dead" once a year and say it's a documentary of the real world.

4. I know nothing about downloading pictures. I have to pictures to download.

5. I want to go to Utah too. Not for a bakery, but I really want to go to the SLC Temple. I was there 7 years ago for a week, but the temple was closed for cleaning. Can you believe that?

6. I know nothing about baking, but I can imagine it is hard to lose weight with baked goods everywhere!

7. I will run it with you! Just let me know if you are doing it, we can run together. Maybe we'll meet for the first time at the EXPO. Think about it!

8. My sister is a hair-stylist. And it's the BOMB! I wish she was closer. It was so nice, because she always knows exactly what I want and I'm not too embarrassed to correct her if she was wrong. And she is really good! Ah, now I miss her!

9. I hate both of those two. You can always tell by how fast they are moving that they see you going for the same check-out. Irritating!

James and Ev said...

Loved it!

Denice said...

I ditto the comment about pics of the reunion... but I am NOT so anxious about seeing the one of me almost ready to puke at the sisters picture... why did I think that was a good time to participate in the documentation for posterity??? :) Hope you guys escaped the sickness... It was awesome to see everyone... it was lovely to be low-key and all about the little kiddos! Thanks for the rice krispies.. they were dreamy! xoxo D

Jennie said...

Loved reading your "list." I am with you on the village...we are sending Isabel off to first grade tomorrow and I am definitely not ready for her to be gone ALL DAY!! She is so excited for school to start again...especially to eat lunch at school.

anna banana said...

I always love your lists. Highly enjoyable thoughts on life. I sometimes wish I could just write more instead of always having pictures.

Maybe I should sign up to do the Long Beach half with you, the commitment just scares me a little.

Don said...

Here ! Here ! Joseph...go forth and conquer!

Joseph Powers said...

lol I went on a date with a girl who wanted to be a beautician. ...We ran out of stuff to talk about after maybe thirty minutes. It wasn't pretty. And for the record, the weird girls are the interesting ones. =D

The Muries said...

I totally agree with you. I love your lists and can totally hear you saying all this stuff!