A few weeks ago (July 19-22) we drove up to Vegas/Mesquite for a mini reunion on the Rasmussen side. Steve's oldest brother, Roger, and his family were going to be in town (they live in KY) so we wanted to take the opportunity to see them. I think it has been at least 4 or 4.5 years since we last saw them. Amazingly enough no one in our family got sick this trip! Hallelujah!! But I was prepared, I had packed an entire box of ziploc bags for puking into.
So this is the first time in a few years since all the siblings have been together at the same time. We really missed having Daddy Dan there.
This is Dave and Jenn's little boy Peyton (left) and Sadie. He is one month older than Sadie.
A few years ago, when Dave and Jenn got married Luke was about 10 months old. He was heavy too. Roger was the only one in his family able to make it to the wedding so he was the only one to meet Luke. He helped me with him and held him for me. Ever since then Rog has checked in on how Luke was doing. Rog requested a picture with Luke.
Ethan and Adam, the two five year old boys....and the guns explain it all. I think being able to play with all of Jaxon and Tyler's guns was one of the highlights of this trip for Ethan. We are so excited to have Allen and Anna come down to Oceanside now that Allen will be stationed at Camp Pendleton, these cousins will get to see lots more of each other.
Oh my hot!!! We went swimming in the pool a bunch of the family went swimming in the river too. My boys didn't seem phased by the heat though. They were just play, play, play 24 hours a day.
More pool fun. Luke is about to jump into the pool and Rog is ready to catch him. This is one of Luke's favorite things to do at the pool and I'm so glad he had someone else to catch him because his splash is a doozy! Luke has improved leaps and bounds in the pool this summer thanks to swimming lessons. He never wanted to use floaties and wouldn't get off the top step and now he'll actually swim to you! I love swimming lessons.
My fish. Ethan has really taken to his swimming lessons. He seems like a natural swimmer. One requirement though, goggles. Must. Have. Goggles.
All the brothers went golfing one morning. This a picture of them after they got back. I didn't dare hug Steve, I could see the sweat soaked shirt. But I'm glad they had fun.
Monday evening we gathered in Wil and Sherrie's backyard for a little FHE. Wil taught a great lesson on Pioneers since we were close to Pioneer day and Sherrie brought out the jumbo Otter Pops. Afterward we wrangled all the kids up to take a picture. We've grown in a few short years. I can't believe how old Brooklyn is. It makes me try to imagine Ethan or Luke being 14 and that just blows me away.



7 Comments:
Thank goodness for family! There would be alot of memorable moments and bondships missed! I am sure the boys absolutely loved every minute of it!
We loved having everyone, great memories!
camilla you look so lovely in the pool! i love the guns pic, thats rad.
That is a big family you have there. Looks like a lot of fun! I miss my family now, thanks for that :-)
When I read the title "lets get together" I thought you were writing a a whole blog post to me. Imagine my disappointment when I realized that it was in fact about your family. :-(
But I still want to get together!
Can I just copy and paste this onto my blog? I am beginning to think I may never blog again...
love the family pics, what a fun trip especially since all of Steve's siblings were all there together. Ethan looks so tough in the gun pic.
What great pictures!! Can't believe that Steve has that many brothers! Poor sister! Anyway the pictures of your kids are so cute. Sadie is getting so big! Hook me up to where you get giant Otter Pops!!!!!
Post a Comment