Monday, January 12, 2009

List

1. It was one of those days. Denying Luke some gum set him off and this is what we ended up with. (sigh) Makes me wonder if this was one of those battles worth fighting. So I said no to gum and he hits me. Then I have to fight it, its just not acceptable. I tell him to go to time out and he starts running from me screaming "noooo!!!" like I'm about to inflict mortal pain or something. He finally hides under our desk and I have to pull him out and carry him, which is not easy because he weighs like 50 lbs.! He is kicking me while I'm carrying him to his room and screaming at the top of his lungs. I plunk him down on his bed and walk out of the room and close the door. He proceeds to open the door. Repeat three times and finally does it so hard that he puts a hole in the wall. (looooong sigh) I wanted to scream at him. I wanted to shake some sense into him. I wanted to....I won't say. Thankfully I was able to keep my calm. Luke needs yoga or something. He needs to harness his chi. I love this kid, hot temper and all.....
2. We blessed Sadie this weekend. My parents in law and sister and brother in law came down. My SIL made this adorable bow hanger for me. I LOOOOOOOVE it. She also made these precious (did I just say that?) bracelets for Sadie and bows. Oh. My. Goodness. I am in love. Thank you Sherrie for such cuteness. We are so glad you all could make it. We had fun going to the beach and playing with you guys.
Its January and warm enough for these boys to jump in the ocean but these showers were too cold!!
The Whittaker family with Sadie

Jaxon loved holding baby Sadie. Here they are before church.
Sadie in the car seat at the beach.
3. Our Primary presidency is handing out this really cool FHE manual. I'm burning it to cd's to pass out on Sunday (a few weeks late...better late than never right?) as I type this. Check it out here (click on here). 4. Have I blogged about this onesie yet? My sister Mae made this for me after I showed her some etsy sites with some cute stuff. She is so talented. I love this onesie. Its adorable and Sadie is adorable in it. I think I might cry when she outgrows it. Thank you, Mae for your hard work. Sadie and her hippo onesie...soooo adorable. 5. We leave for St. Martin tomorrow morning. Worst case scenarios are running through my head. I can't stop thinking about all the horrible things that could happen during my seperation from my two boys. I keep trying to tell myself that I'm overreacting, everything will be fine, I'll be eating yummy food, relaxing in the sun, having a spa treatment etc. etc. but my mind wanders back to the extreme. Its my worst fear, something happening to my children and I can't get back to them....or being seperated from them during crisis. Which makes me wonder, why don't we have a living will or a plain will yet? Ugh. 6. Luke moved into Primary. He's only been one week but he did great that week. I was so surprised. I thought he would have a hard transition but he did great! Way to go Luke! We love our little Sunbeam. 7. My family came back from Brazil last week. My sisters have posted some awesome pictures of their trip on their blogs here and here. I look forward to going back down there one day. I want to take Steve and the kids and let them see where I spent so much time. Its such a beautiful country. I have so many great memories there. I want my kids to have a few there too. We'll shoot for being there for the World Cup. 8. So the pain when I run isn't going to go away any time soon. The doctor said I have a pulled groin muscle from giving birth. Its kind of like a twisted ankle. You have to stay off of it to let it heal. He said I could keep training unless it gets worse, which it hasn't. It just doesn't get better. Advil and I are going to be close friends.

9 Comments:

Jennie said...

The beach in December...how lucky!! Here we have several inches of snow on the ground and it is currently 36 degrees outside. No fair.

James and Ev said...

Sounds like you need this trip...some Camilla time! Loved your relfections on your life....you are such an example of patience and calm!

anna banana said...

I cant believe Luke it still around and kicking after something like that. I dont know if I would have been able to contain myself. I would have flipped, thanks for being a great example!

I hope you have a fab time in St. Martins. It will be wonderful for you!

And all the Sherrie stuff is so cute! You rock Sher!

Ashley Funk said...

your day with luke sounds just like my day with spencer yesterday. i thought i was going to lose it! the bow hanger is super cute - i want a girl, too! have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the hippo onsie...where did you find it? Sadie looked so beautiful on Sunday. I loved her dress. :-)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

loved visiting ur sisters sites!!! so nice to see mae again :)

i'm gonna do the FHE thingy, that looks fun. i'm using a book right now and the kids are so into it! thanks for the tip!

Mae said...

YOu are the perfect mom for the Lukester. I can't tell you how many times Ev and I would have lost it and yelled back at him or spanked him or something (from what you tell us that he does, he's never gotten that out of hand when we are around). You are so awesome! he's lucky to have you. I hope St. Martin is amazing. Your boys are doing great!!

Our Family said...

Sadie is so cute. I love the brown polk-a-dot onsie that she is in on the beach! In fact-that was the first thing that I did (was go buy those onsies from target)when I found out that I was having a girl! I thought they were so cute, and I just had to get them!

The Naylor Family said...

Don't you wish the free-agency thing kicked in at around 20? Why do they have to make their strong wills known at such a young age! Just try to harness it and you will help shape a young man that will go somewhere, someday! Our youth need those strong wills to endure the incredible times they live in! What will be, will be Camilla -- don't EVER pass up any opportunities for the "what-ifs"!