
1. Happy Birthday, Ellie!!! It just cracks me up how obsessed she is with princesses. Whenever Ethan and Luke play with Ellie they usually, at one point, end up playing princess and prince and one boy will be seen walking around holding Ellie's hand or cuddling her because she is the princess. I heard she was given a Cinderella dress for her birthday by a friend. I can't wait to see her in it. Ellie makes a good princess....oh I remember those days. Is this what every little girls goes through at some point in her childhood? We went swimming at Ellie's new pool and had Snow White cake. Amerie made a cute swimsuit debut.
2. Ethan had his last Tball game. He and the dolphins played a great game. We were happy to have Mae, Clay and baby Zane come out and show their support. Zane is quite ready to be introduced to baseball don't you think?
3. A friend introduced me to the coolest beach accessory. I am in love with it. Its called the Umbrella Stand. For all you beach goers out there that have ever struggled with putting your umbrella in the sand and getting it to stay this is for you. It works for the park or wherever you'd be taking your umbrella for shade. Its seriously awesome. We went to the beach yesterday and I used it, its the yellow contraption in the picture. You can check it out here. Enough of that, isn't this one of the cutest tooshies you've ever seen? I hardly ever put the boys in their "sungas" (pronounced: soon-guhs) when I go to the beach because I think its a little indecent but my mom got them ready at her house (they had had a sleep over the night before) and, of course, she put them in these. She did just come back from Brasil so I guess she's keeping the memory alive. The boys didn't seem to mind but I know that soon enough they won't tolerate these anymore.
4. I don't like this crazy format post. I'm more of a center format kind of girl.
5. I just finished reading East of Eden by Steinbeck. I really enjoyed his writing style but never fell in love with the story. I found myself craving a good book club where we could analyze the book and I could be enlightened by others' thoughts and interpretations. I'm moving on to some lighter reading now. I have the book Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger on hold at the library. We'll see if its any good. If you don't know, she's the author that wrote Devil Wears Prada. If Mae and Clay would ever finish reading Twilight I might be able to read that one.....hehe. Speaking of holding books at the library, have you ever tried it? Its great. You request it online and they pull it and put your name on it. Makes library trips sooo much easier. One thing I'll warn you about putting on hold is the DVD "Firebusters." Ethan and Luke love that movie so much. Its all about firetrucks, firemen and everything involved. I still can't get the song out of my head...."my firetruck is hot...its really cookin!"
6. We inherited a treadmill from my grandparents. They moved to Texas and were getting rid of it. My grandfather said he only ever used it for walking on so its in pretty good condition. No bells or whistles but I'm happy with it. I really like having two machines to exercise on. I do 20 minutes on each and my work out just flies by. There's something about doing 40 minutes all in one place that gets old fast. Anyway, I've been trying to slowly build my running legs back up. I speed walk a minute or two then jog two or three minutes. It feels sooooo good afterward....nothing like some good therapy.








4 Comments:
Ellie is precious!! She looks just like another little girl in our ward. I think she needs a princess party!
love the bums! I would totally love to see Miah in some of those cute britches!
jess, i TOTALLY think she needs a princess party too but nobody here is as good as you!
Love the beach wear! We really enjoy the library and the reserve thing is awesome! How' the pregnancy going? We're excited to see you soon!
Love the buns! And as I think you know I always love your life lists. Mine are never quite as witty as yours. I need to copy you more. :)
Post a Comment