Friday, October 18, 2013

List

1. I miss blogging. For some reason I like putting my feelings and thoughts “out there”…its kind of therapeutic. Especially when my readers (are you still there?) comment and tell me I’m not as crazy as I think I am…right? right?

2. I’ve given up on my Resolutions for 2013. One of them, run 520 miles, was completely irrational to begin with considering that I didn’t give birth to Claire until March and wasn’t able to officially begin running until mid April. Doesn’t leave much time for accomplishing that goal. To be honest, I still haven’t gotten this body of mine up to running snuff. I was reading the Hungry Runner Girl’s blog the other day and just WIIIIIISHING  I could be her. Not to mention RunEmz that I follow on Instagram. She’s another one of my running idols. Maybe this resolution will go on the list for 2014, I think that’s going to be my year. Anyone want to join me? I love having companions.

3. Losing baby weight is feeling as impossible as flying. That was another one of my Resolutions for 2013, be a size 6 by the end of the year. I’m thinking that’s not going to happen. I’m not giving up on this one but its just not going to happen by the end of the year, breaks my heart. Its just not as easy to exist on lettuce leaves and carrot sticks as I thought it would be. Darn you, doughnuts and Chick-fil-a. Thankgoodness for yoga pants.

4. I actually cried the other day when I realized how quickly Claire is getting older. Its just flying by. She’s army crawling and getting two more teeth up top. She’s started talking her beautiful baby gibberish but my proudest momma moment is how she just can’t live without me. She doesn’t let anyone else hold her and I kind of love that…until I have to make dinner or go to the bathroom.

5. I’m going to cry when Sadie turns five on Monday. Ever since she started kindergarten (aka JP at Carden) she just LOOKS so much older. Its sad. I mean, I know the whole purpose of being a parent is to raise children so that they become good adults and go on to marry and have their own children and all that circle of life goodness but its just so sad to see them grow out of their cute little selves. To be honest, getting closer to teenagers just gives me the heebie jeebies.

6. Ethan got the service award in his 4th grade class today at school. He was so proud of himself. I was too. The 7th graders did a great (insert tear jerking) skit on service and even quoted good ol’ Gordon B. Hinckley a couple times. They ended their presentation with singing “We are the World.” How am I supposed to NOT cry when a group of teenagers sings THAT song?! I’m too sentimental, I need a thicker skin stat.

7. I started doing Les Mills Pump last week. I LOOOOVE it. I feel so tough with a barbell and weights. Don’t be fooled though, I only have 5 lb. and 10 lb. plates so far.

8. Alright, that’s the end of my list for today. Claire is grabbing my shirt and trying to eat my arm. I think she’s done watching me type. Peace out.

1 Comments:

anna banana said...

Sure love you and your lists. Baby weight takes at least a year. So seriously, dont sweat it.

I hear you on the sentimentality and crying. I wish those kids would just stop growing up!