I’m still feeling some guilt about Luke’s birthday and baptism weekend. Steve and I both got hit with head colds that left us feeling exhausted and overall crummy. Luke was patient with us and we tried to make it fun, nonetheless. It helped that Grandpa Dan came into town (although, we ended up getting him sick too…we’re generous that way…haha). Grandpa and Dad took Luke, Ethan and Sadie to go bowling – Luke’s pick. We took him out to dinner at his choice – Souplantation. And he was showered with gifts by all his cousins and family. Not too shabby, right?
His birthday fell on Sunday, September 1st and we planned his baptism to take place that evening also. I don’t know how he and Ethan got lucky enough to be baptized on their birthdays, I’m kind of jealous.
We had the family over for a dinner and birthday celebration then we quickly headed off to the Stake center to get ready for the big event!
Luke had given me specific instructions for his cake about 3 weeks before his birthday. He wanted a vanilla cake, with lemon frosting filling and vanilla frosting on the outside of the cake. Then he wanted to decorate it himself. He was really understanding when I got sick and didn’t have the energy to make his cake. His face lit up when I came home with bundt cakes I ordered from Nothing Bundt Cake, especially for him.
Luke was very excited to be baptized! He planned out his baptism right down to which member of the Bishopric he wanted to conduct the meeting (thankfully it wasn’t his dad!).
Our family of 6
Luke and both his Grandfathers, Dan and Mark, who were the witnesses.
Some fun facts about Luke:
- He is in the 3rd grade at Carden Academy.
- He loves math and comes home with extra math work.
- Luke loves to play board games and video games. He recently “taught” Sadie how to play video games with him. He also likes to ride his bike and swim.
- His favorite color is red.
- His favorite food is his mom’s homemade pizza.
- His favorite candy is sour patch, especially the extreme ones.
We love you bunches and bunches, Luke!!!


1 Comments:
Wish we could have been there! Love you Luke!!
Post a Comment