If you follow me on Instagram then you've most likely seen my project size six hashtag. I came up with this goal to be a size six after Claire was born. I'll be honest right now, I've never been a size six. I've been pretty close. In college I was a size 8/10. That being said, I really think that having a goal for a size six is something that I can achieve, its not completely irrational. I've wanted to focus on wearing a certain size clothing instead of being a specific weight on the scale because I know weight is subjective. I had a friend in college that was a pro weight lifter but she weighed the same as me and wore a size 2. Muscle weighs more, plain and simple. Muscle also gives our bodies shape. So that's how project size six came to be.
I know I have a long road to hoe. Honestly, I've given up and recommitted myself a billion times (at least that's what it feels like) already and Claire is only 8 months old. But I know that every time I start over I have a better chance at sticking to it. I won't give up completely.
One of my absolute favorite exercises to do is stairs. Add holding Claire while I do it and its an intense workout. I kind of wish I could sell my elliptical and get a stairmill to replace it. But that's why I live in sunny SoCal, right? I can just go climb the stairs at the track.
Is anyone else like this? Food has mystical powers over me sometimes. I won't be hungry but all of a sudden I'm in the midst of some yummy looking food and you just can't stop me. I've also noticed I like to express love with food. That habit is haaaaarrrrrrrrrrrd to break. I've conditioned all my family with having food speak love too so they expect it. I'm still trying to figure out how to approach that problem.
Tomorrow, November 11th, is my first day all over again. I'm committing myself to some serious low carb living (20-25 g of carbs/day) until Thanksgiving Day. I'd love any accountability partners, interested?


1 Comments:
I love your plan. We just changed our eating. I make a main dish and always add veggies (i.e. orange chicken with carrots and broccoli) and then have one side dish. It is great because the kids are eating the food because they have no other options. Oh one more thing...replace your carbs/starches with fruits and veggies not meat.
Post a Comment