Aw Ragnar, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
1. Meetings, charts and organization. Our team of 12 met many times to figure out costumes (cavewoman type), team name (we ended up with Running Wild), and talk strategy! One of our team members made this groovy little chart to help see how the whole relay would play out for us. I starred my runs on the right. Easy peasy, right?
2. Ready to run! Don’t we look great? I was about to head out on my first run of 8.8 miles in this picture so I didn’t have my costume on. This is the group shot of the girls I was in van 2 with. Mari, Brandi, Janine, Jackie, me and my bestie Brittany. They were so fun!
I DIED on this run. We were in Yorba Linda/Corona and the temperatures rose past 100 degrees F and I was NOT ready for that. The first 5 miles flew by and I felt fine but soon after I was done. I probably walked 80% of the last 3.8 miles and not because I wanted to. Every time I tried to start running again I started seeing stars and felt like I was going to pass out, so it was self-preservation. I hated it. I hate walking when I’m in a race…especially when I know someone is waiting at the end for me to “pass the baton” too.
And this is how I felt after that leg. I was looking forward to LOTS of water, some food and redemption on my second leg…at 12:45am.
3. After our van was done we ate some yummy grub and tried to catch some shut eye. We made the mistake of not checking the map close enough and thought the hotel was farther than it was (DOH!!) so we thought the grass was the best option. Let me tell you, it was not. Didn’t work for me at least. Who needs sleep?
4. Our lovely van! It was packed full of snacks, clothes and sweaty women!
5. Finish line! So after I ran a total of about 20 miles we hit the finish line on the freezing beach of Coronado!
We made it!!
6. And I wore my Ragnar tattoo proudly for a week after. I’m ready to do it all again!


2 Comments:
You wore it proud! Ragnar fever!!!
You are awesome!!
Post a Comment