Sunday, October 23, 2011

Summer Stuff

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. ~Sam Keen

Summer 2011 is a fond memory now that we are in the thick of Fall soccer, school, and choir. We had a great time though. Just not having a schedule was the highlight of most days. We enjoyed having time at home to do some experiments and play. One of our favorites were the marshmallow art and vinegar blasts.

We had different sizes of marshmallows and the kids tried building people or structures by just licking the marshmallows. Then they decided to add toothpicks. I think the licking was the favorite part!


When they were done building they were allowed to eat one of their masterpieces before we through everything else away.

 Of course, I couldn't pass up another activity to do with my kids that involved twinkies and cupcakes! One of our favorite movies this summer was Despicable Me so we made some minnion cupcakes one day. The eyes were made with smartie candies. Mmm...I have a weird love of twinkies.


Lots of park days!


Then the vinegar blasts! I was too lazy to make a big volcano so we pulled out our glasses and had fun anyway. We colored the vinegar orange and added our baking soda to watch the reaction take place right in front of our eyes. It was magical. Over and over we added baking soda and watched the vinegar take flight and shoot right out of the glass. Thank goodness for paper plates to contain the mess!
I miss our summer days.

1 Comments:

Tammy said...

What a fun, creative mother you are... Some things to keep in mind for next summer
:)