Thursday, September 2, 2010

Five

We partied it up yesterday celebrating Luke’s 5th birthday! His friends from last year’s preschool class, Aidan and Coen, come over in the morning to play. I got all fancy with my rice krispy treat cake for that one.

IMG_0226

After a short nap for Sadie we picked up Ellie and Ryan and headed to Jumpin’ Jammin’ in Mission Viejo.

 IMG_0871

 IMG_0872

 IMG_0874

The kiddos got nice and sweaty running around and playing in there for a few hours.

 IMG_0875

Luke requested McD’s for dinner (I was so bummed) and then we headed home for cake and presents with the family.

 IMG_0876

Luke wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Well, I filled it with chocolate mousse and he didn’t complain that there was no chocolate frosting. He said he wanted it green so thats why I skipped the choc. frosting.

 IMG_0877

 IMG_0879

 IMG_0880

I think he had a good day. He told me, more than once, that it was the best day EVER. I hope so. Luke had his 5 year well check today and he is 48 1/4'’ tall and 71 lbs.! He is going to be towering over me so SOON!! This boy has never been average and it doesn’t look like that is going to change.

Luke, I hope you have a good year as a five year old. If it were up to me I’d press the pause button and just keep you here at this time in life for an extra year or two. You are growing up too fast. You start Kindergarten on Tuesday and you’re already reading fantastically! Your dad and I love you so much. Happy Birthday, Luke!

3 Comments:

Denice said...

way to go Luke... You will be a wonderful Kindergarden boy! we love you!

Denice said...

Oh, great choice on the green frosting! :)

anna banana said...

So sad we missed it!