Friday, February 12, 2010

Love letter to Sadie

Dearest Sadie, You are pure sweetness. Honestly, from the moment you were born there was so much different about our family. You had each of us wrapped around your finger.

You have quickly grown into this beautifully intelligent toddler. I love your sweet face. Sometimes you glare at me. I love it. I have a hard time not laughing. I love so much about you. I love the age you're in, 16 months almost. You are so sweet. You recently figured out kissing. You put your lips together (no puckering yet) and say "mmmm." And we are always willing to stop whatever we're doing and kiss you. Its too cute.

I love how you say "hi." Or when you are shy you always touch your forehead or eyes and just look at the person until you decide whether or not its ok to move on.

I love how you carry your "pano" (old burp cloths) around. Those are your comfort items, paired with your right hand middle two fingers life couldn't be better for you. I love listening to your vocabulary grow. So far it is limited to: mama, dada, shoes (what could be more important for a girl?), hi, and dat. It doesn't stop you from trying to communicate more to us. We know you are going to be full of great conversations in the future and I love it.

Do you know how much your brothers love you? Sometimes its disguised by the abuse they give you but you are so tough. Just three days ago you decided to wrestle with Luke! Luke of all people! And I just sat and watched and waited for you to cry out in an unfortunate misunderstanding but it never happened. You loved it. Luke has always loved getting your attention. Ethan has been more gentle about it. Sneaking a kiss here and there. Holding you when you want to be held. Helping you across the street. These two boys have got your back for life.

I had so many fears before you were born but now they've been put to rest. You are absolutely perfect. You have completed our family and filled our home with even more love than we had to begin with. I love you, Sadie, forever.
Love,
Your Mom

2 Comments:

James and Ev said...

I love that girl TOO! She is so girly I love seeing her in all of her little dresses carrying around a gun! Come over anytime Sadie and play princesses with your cousins...

Unknown said...

what a sweetie. love that age too.