Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love letter to Luke and Ethan

Dear Luke and Ethan, You two really are like two peas in a pod. There is so much you do together, its hard to remember that you are seperated in age by 17 months. I love this about you two. I love that you share such a special bond. I watch you lift each other up and push each other forward, its beautiful. It brings me such hope. But you are not without your individual strengths. Ethan, you have stepped into your role as the eldest child effortlessly. Each new milestone in your life, our lives, you handle with such ease. You are a calming influence to Luke's storm and a guiding light to Sadie. I love how you pretend with your brother, or anyone else for that matter. One minute you are a soldier, the next a knight in his armor only to be followed by a fierce jedi warrior. Your imagination will get you far in life. You started kindergarten this year. That first day I cried. I want to press the pause button right now and keep you my five year old boy forever. Yesterday you asked if I was going to sit on your head? I was puzzled, what the? Then you clarified, "to keep me little." You always make me laugh. I love you. Thank you for being so willing to help. I love that you are cautious and thoughtful. Last night you came home from being out with dad and presented me with some flowers you helped pick out. You told me how much you loved me. Thank you. I love you and your tender heart. Luke, I love your individualism. You know who you are and you're only four. Sometimes I think you are something else and you teach me quite the opposite. You know you don't have to run as fast as Ethan or play the same games but you still find a way to make your mark and enjoy the experience together. I love your tenacity and quick mind. You don't let time go by without being filled to the brim of excitement. I love the twinkle in your eyes when you smile. Each day I pick you up at 11am from preschool and you almost tackle me to the ground with your running start hugs! I love it. I can see that you are a good leader at school. I love how much you love your sister. Sometimes it drives me crazy, I'm not going to lie, but I know your heart is pure. Thank you for being so forgiving. I love you, Lukers.

I love that you both accept me so easily, with all my faults and inadequacies, you love me unconditionally. When I lose myself you both show me such forgiveness, it humbles me. I am better because you two came into my life. I love it when you ask me to tickle you. Its so funny. I hate being tickled but you two LOVE it. I love watching you play together. I know you will be great policemen, or soldiers, or firefighters, or race car drivers or whatever it is you end up deciding on. I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to watch the process.
I love how proud you are of the projects you bring home from school and primary. I love hearing the explanations and details of each drawing. I love how you remind me to not take life so seriously. We can sit and read a book and nothing else matters.
You both are getting so big. I used to be able to put you both on my lap comfortably, its not the case anymore. I know soon I will be looking up into your faces instead of down. I love the little men you are. I cherish each hug and kiss. I would do anything for you. You will always be my boys.
"I love you forever, I like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."
Love,
Your mom

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

sniff sniff...beautiful. <3 what a wonderful look into each of your little men through their momma's eyes. LOVE the pic of you and the boys!!!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i STILL can't believe how big ur boys are. i remember when u were tryin to get pregnant with just ONE now you have THREE sweet babies!!! i love all ur babies.

i love the picture of you in b&w with the boys. girl ur tongue is HUGE!!!