Thursday, September 10, 2009

Far and away in Los Angeles

(me the day we walked around Hollywood)
My sisters and I recently went on a mini getaway to L.A. We had a blast but none of us really wanted to act like tourists and take tons of pictures (and the websites don't allow copying) so this post will be aesthetically boring, sorry. We stayed in the beautiful Fairmont Miramar hotels. We ate delicious food. My favorites were Cafe Brasil, of course, and Joan's on Third, and the Grand Lux Cafe. Joan's was DELICIOUS and the first place we had never been to before. Its also where we got a glimpse at our first celebrity sightings. This is who we saw...
Alexandra Guarnaschelli from the Food Network

Cameron Diaz

We did lots of shopping at the Grove. We watched two movies, 'Julie and Julia' and 'The Time Traveler's Wife.' Unfortuneately, the tourist sites of Mann's Chinese theater and the star walk were kind of anti-climatic. All in all it was a fun trip. I definitely appreciated the time away and came home renewed in my purpose as a mother and wife. It was the first time I had been away from Sadie and that about did me in. I wanted to come home and smother her (and everyone else too) with hugs and kisses. Thank you Evelyn and Steve for making it all happen!

1 Comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

u got to see cameron? how cool! i wanna go to LA one day. maybe i can come on the next girls' weekend.