Sunday, April 12, 2009

List

1. I took this picture with my phone after I picked Ethan up from preschool. They made these awesome hats and he walked out with his on. It was the cutest thing! We still have it hanging in their room, I think I might have to keep this one. I just love Ethan's preschool. Its such an awesome program. We are so lucky to be a part of it.
2. We were quite fortunate to get a visit from the AZ Rasmussens a few weeks ago. We met up at the beach and played for a little while. The previous day we met up at a park and had pizza and hung out with them. Ethan and Luke were thrilled that their cousins Mateo and Porter played with them. I had fun seeing Soffia's reaction to Sadie and vice versa. This was the first introduction of Sadie to Brian and Denice and their family, I think she worked her magic on them....especially Soffia and Stone. In this picture, Sadie is not very happy...I think she's tired.
3. This picture is a little more recent. This last Thursday Ethan's friend from preschool, Brandon, came over to play. I say Ethan's friend because Brandon is in Ethan's class but when Luke is there (Luke goes to the same preschool, different class, only two days a week) they all play together. Anyway, we walked to the park so here they are having a snack. It is so, so, so much easier to stay at home when we have a friend over to play.
4. T-ball has begun. Ethan loves it. He is out there and gung-ho about it. We love watching him. They start off with coach pitch. The coach pitches three balls and if they haven't hit it after the third pitch then they bring out the T to use. They have little mits and its hilarious to watch them try to catch balls. No one gets taken out and there are no fouls. This is my kind of sport. Haha...
Luke on the other hand, we've decided to just let him sit on the sidelines and let us know when he's ready to participate. I want to pull him out completely and not have to worry about going on those days but at the same time I think he should support his team. I also think I should just go and give him the opportunity, without pressure, to participate when he's ready. Maybe he will and maybe he won't. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing but that's what we're doing for now.
5. I made some cupcakes for Easter and got a little creative with my icing techniques. I searched the house all day to find a particular icing tip I wanted. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. I emptied out both utensil drawers, nothing. I did it again, nothing. I searched all my cupboards, nothing. I had consigned myself to going crazy. And then I began blaming it on my kids. I know, I'm horrible. But you don't know how many times they come and just go through things then I find stuff laying around the house that I've been looking for. I actually asked Luke and Ethan about it. Luke admitted to playing with it. In my head I'm thinking, great - its gone. I start walking around the house with him as if he's going to find it and return it to me miraculously. All the while Ethan is rummaging through one of my utensil drawers. I didn't know why he was doing that because I had already been through those drawers...twice. Then I hear him. Ethan says I found it. I didn't believe him. He walks over to me and shows me one of my measuring cups and sure enough, there is the missing icing tip. What?! I REALLY am crazy. I told Ethan he saved the day and thanked both of them for helping me look for and find my tip.
6. I'm thinking there was something else I wanted to put in this list but now I can't remember what it was. Hmmmm....

5 Comments:

anna banana said...

Love your updates, especially the pics Ethan took. Gotta love the kids getting a hold of the camera!

The Nedrys said...

I can't believe how much your kids have grown up! Your updates are great! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, sadly I did not make the card in Photoshop...I just did not have time so I ordered it from Costco. We had lots friends over to our house for Easter today and I was soooo busy trying to get ready that I decided to just do something easy and not stress! I am getting better in Photoshop little by little though. It is a hard program to get the hang of.

I hope you guys had a great Easter! Miss you!

Denice said...

I think I will steal your "list" feature... It is better than my blah, blah, blah... Great to see you guys, thanks so much for taking the effort to find us on Saturday! That was awesome and it made our day great!!! xoxo D

Sher said...

LOVE Ethan's St. Patty's day gear. He's so adorable! It's hard when your kids don't want to get out and try something, when you think they're going to love it. We forced our kids the first couple of years and of course Jaxon wants to play every sport now. This year we told them they had to choose only 1 or 2 sports to play. So Jax chose basketball and football and Tyler just chose softball, which starts soon I think. Anyways, it's hard being a parent, wondering if you're doing the right thing. You're a great mom - don't sweat it! :P

The Naylor Family said...

Your boys are so big, Camilla!! AND how is it possible that Sadie is over 5 months old???? SHE WAS JUST BORN!!! I love your updates, too -- and your insight. You seem wise beyond your years!!