Friday, April 17, 2009

he's 5

Somebody pinch me. This can't be right. But it is. Ethan is 5. He's so proud of turning 5. I have a feeling time is going to go into hyper drive now, especially once kindergarten starts. So here are some pictures of the first 5 years.
I remember how much fun Ethan had sitting in this hole.
My dad used to wear these boots too. Ethan loved them while they fit. Aw, yes, the beloved pacifier. This was his best friend for 3 years. I think he still misses it sometimes.
I love this picture. I'm so glad my sister in law Sherrie still had a copy of it. Look at those cute buns. :)
And here he is on the morning of his birthday. He woke up to find one of his presents already assembled. He was so excited.
Steve spent 2.5 hours putting together Ethan's starship. Who is this present for really? Steve is so happy to pass on his love of legos to Ethan. He was happy to go gift shopping for Ethan, so many more possibilities now. Ethan now thinks his dad is a genius (actual words used) because he can put together legos. Is that all it takes?
Ethan opened his gifts from mom and dad in the morning and played with them while Sadie napped. Then we headed out to the Long Beach Aquarium. We gave him the option of having a birthday party with friends or going to the Aquarium or Legoland. He chose the Aquarium again. So we spent the day there. Then we took him out to eat at Red Robin. I love how you take kids out to eat and they don't even touch their food, they just drink their soda. Oh well, it was his birthday right? He didn't even touch the hot fudge sundae the restaurant brought to him for his birthday. He was more interested in the arcades. After dinner we came back to our home for cake and presents from cousins and grandparents. Of course, I forgot to assign someone to take pictures of the cake and candle blowing....grrrrr.....our day at the aquarium is documented on video but I don't have much practice with that machine yet so I can't post anything.

7 Comments:

Denice said...

That is such a cute "bum" shot... Happy Birthday to the big boy... 5 sounds like a really big boy! I love the "memory" of his life.

Sher said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! Sorry we didn't get a call out to you on your special day. Our kids are big lego lovers too, fun times!!!

Mae said...

can't believe how grown up he is. and he shows it, too. Such a big boy!

James and Ev said...

ethan will always be my best memory of college. because it was him that made the days go by fast because all I wanted to do everyday after school was go to your house and see him! He is such a sweet boy! We all love that ethan!!!!!

anna banana said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! Adam is so jealous when I told him that Ethan is 5 now!

The Naylor Family said...

How can you have a 5 year old child! Is it kindergarten in the fall? Starting school is such a big mile-stone for a family and then the making lunches seems to NEVER END!!!

Joseph Powers said...

haha Camilla, you've never tried to piece together a giant Lego model, have you? =)