Sunday, April 26, 2009

blog barf?

1. This is Sadie's six month picture. I don't know why but I thought I could write "six months" on an empty cereal box and have a little prop or something. It didn't work so well. Besides, my camera (and my photog skills) leave much to be wanted. But she is a beauty. Mae made this adorable onesie for Sade.

2. I practiced making a cake this weekend and this is how it turned out. I'll admit, I was surprised with myself. As I was assemblying it I had a pit in my stomach thinking how ugly it was. Then I finished and changed my mind. I didn't do so bad for my first fondant cake. I definitely learned a lot along the way. I forgot to cut the red velvet cake therefore I couldn't fill the middle with frosting. Then I forgot to put the fondant on the first layer before putting the second layer on, that was fun. I am going to make a cake for my brother in law, Allen's graduation from dental school (did you guess that already?). Cross your fingers for me, I'm scared.
3. Luke decided to cut off the tip of his pacifier today. Considering this item is so precious and dear to him I don't know what came over him, probably an evil spirit (just kidding). Now he wants a new one. I don't think so. Its about time for him to kick the habit anyway. I'm not about to go out and buy a new one for him. I want to. This boy is so persistent, there is no talking him down. When I left his room (after an hour of trying to get him to consider sleeping) he was sucking his thumb.....hmmm....trading one vice for another. I guess I'll just leave it alone. I'll let his friends shame him out of that one. ha.
4. What y'all doing on Sunday morning? Want to come watch a few thousand people run a ridiculously lot of miles? I'll be caught in that bunch. I wasn't nervous about the half marathon until I just started thinking about it right now. What was I thinking? I hope I don't do worse than my first time, that's my only goal.

9 Comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i love sadie's onesie...such a cute idea!

the cake is magNIFICENT!! holy smoeks girl, that took some hard work. way to go.

i've never had a kid love a paci...hmm...

HOW WAS THE RUN?!?!?!?!?!??! i'm so proud of you!!!!!

Mae said...

Camilla, that cake was seriously amazing. I'm so proud of your talents! Good job. So, do I put my order for my birthday in now? :)

anna banana said...

The cake was as tasty as it was gorgeous! Loved it!

Denice said...

Wow, totally impressed. I am sad we didn't get a slice... Great new hobby... but now you might have a lot of "requests" along the way!

Sher said...

Wow, I didn't know the race was already here....GOOD LUCK!!! The cake looks fab, Anna just told me you were going to make it, yum yum! That Sadie is a doll and your sis is talented, cute onesie. Did you know that Steve and I sucked our thumbs? My mom would put tobasco sauce on them and I wouldn't touch it, but Steve sucked it right off!! Good luck with that....Alyssa's getting her paci cut at 2 years...I'm totally dreading it!

Jennie said...

Good luck on the half marathon. Can't wait to hear about it!

The Naylor Family said...

Sadie is so sweet ... can't believe that 6 months has gone by so fast. GREAT cake!!! It is soooo smooth and fabulous! You did such a nice job! How do your legs feel after the run???? You should be so proud that your could do that just 6 months after a baby! Way to go, Camilla!!!!

Ashley Funk said...

i think your cake is awesome! i've never used fondant...

we're headed to SoCal next month. we would like to see you and meet sadie. we're planning on going to the ward and then having dinner with the windschitls (you're invited, too). hopefully you'll be around on may 17!

Anonymous said...

Wow you did such a great job on that cake! And Mae did a great job on the onsie. You sisters are so talented!