1. I can't believe I'm going to Cancun tomorrow. I wonder what it will be like. I feel out of my element but I'm excited. I don't think I've been to the beach by myself where the only item on the agenda was to read a book and soak up some sun in at least 4 years...wow. Besides the fact that this is mine and Steve's first "international" trip together in the entire time we've been married. 2. My sister Mae is probably going to have her baby while I'm gone, I should just accept that fact. I am having selfish thoughts trying to will the baby not to come until Saturday night. Sorry Mae. 3. I wish I could seperate myself from my children easier. I hate leaving them but I love the idea of going away without them. Weird. My mind betrays me by feeding me worse case scenarios thus filling me with dread and trepidation. Is this what its like to be a mom? I know they will be in excellent hands and its only 4 days. 4. I really like the book I'm reading right now. Its by Elizabeth Gilbert and titled Eat, Pray, Love. She's a good writer. The first 1/3 of her book was about her time in Italy and I just LOVED that. I want to visit Italy for 4 months too and eat at Pizzeria da Michele in Naples, see Rome and everyone grossly displaying public affection, eat gelato and pastries, ride a gondola in Venice, meander around the cathedrals and museums.... 5. This is the last day of antibiotics for Luke...HALLELUJAH!! 6. Where did my interest in cooking go? I just don't want to do it anymore. There are about 5 dishes I like to cook. Unfortuneately for me I tire of those 5 dishes too quickly. I used to love to see what I could whip up, how well I could follow a recipe, what a new dish tasted like. (sigh)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 Comments:
okay so why haven't you emailed ME those 5 dishes?!?!?!?
why are u guys leaving? i wish i was!
Having fun yet in CANCUN???? The boys are just fine and Mae is not going to have her baby so enjoy your time away with your hubby....
How was Cancun? I hope you had a great time! I sure love your lists I think it is a great way to post.
I hope you had a great time! That sounds so great. I'm jealous! I hope you got to soak up some rays.
Post a Comment