I just started reading Ken Follett's book, Pillars of the Earth. I wanted to see if all the hype it was getting is really accurate. Its a looooooong book, 973 pages. I'm usually able to return books to the library before they are due but I'm thinking I'm going to definitely have to put an extension on this one. My brother could probably finish this book in a week. Anyway, I'm curious to see how the author creates a 900+ story with the characters I have been introduced to thus far.
I finished Elizabeth Gilbert's, Eat, Pray, Love book while I was on my flight back from Cancun. I really enjoyed this book. It was basically a book about her quest to find balance or harmony between pleasure and spirituality. My favorite part of the book were her travels in Italy. I would love to experience Rome and Naples one day. My words are not sufficient enough to do it justice. I thought it was worth reading.




5 Comments:
Camilla!!!
It's Julie Baker from BYU! I saw your link on Jennie's blog...e-mail me when you get a second and let's catch up!
Julie
What?! Julie Baker? How fun is this? But hello? you didn't leave your email addy. I can't find yours. Mine is meelers@gmail.com And we have oh so much to catch up on. You've got to fill me in on the hubbins (aka, husband). Congrats! Two years late....ehhh.
I would NOT read that book in a week. =P If it wasn't good, it'd take longer and if it was good, I'd probably finish it in less. =D
Julie Baker is also a mom now too!! Hey I just wanted to let you know Russ is actually reading Pillars of the Earth right now. He has about 130 pages left to go. He said its been alright...it did take him a bit to get into it. He also said to warn you about a few "scenes" in the book. If you know what I mean...
Camilla!
The weirdest thing...I was looking for new blog layouts and I did a google search. I came across a blog that was telling how to do your "own" template,etc. Anyway, then my son came in and started clicking on the mouse...later I came in and there you were on my screen. I can't believe it. For once, I am so glad my son started messing with the mouse. How are you? Your boys are so cute!
Post a Comment