Sunday, April 15, 2012

Eight



 his birthday breakfast request? Cocoa puffs and hashbrowns.
 
Somebody pin me back down because I am floating high. Today has been a day to be remembered. Ethan celebrated his eighth birthday and was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. His father went down into the waters of baptism with him. He was encircled by valiant men and bestowed the gift of the Holy Ghost. Two of his aunts gave wonderful talks on baptism. I loved seeing Evelyn's picture from way long ago when she was baptized. And Mae's analogy of the gift of the Holy Ghost was right on. I couldn't have asked for a better day for my sweet Ethan. So many friends, his second grade teacher, and our ever faithful family members thronged the pews of the church to show Ethan their support (and it REALLY meant a LOT to me too). I wanted to look at each individual present with us today and really tell them how MUCH it meant to me that they were there. Every time I saw Katie cutting up desserts or Brittany serving up water I wanted to hug them. I have some of the best friends and family a girl could ask for. I know there were many more family members, especially Grandma and Grandpa currently serving their mission in Sweden, that wanted to be there too and we thought of all of you crazy Rasmussens! :)

I can't imagine a better course for my boy to be on. I know this is the first of many steps. I know the way might get a bit dark at times. I know that life ahead will not always be as rosy as it was today. If he can remember the feeling of today then I know he can get through any rough patches ahead. I could see how special he felt in his eyes. 

And now for the birthday recap...
Picking out his own gifts (from his parents and the Willifords) at the Lego Store...this boy's heaven!

Bowling party with some good friends!
 
It was a week long birthday extravaganza! My dad even took Ethan and Luke to the Discovery Science Center's exhibit for Star Wars on Tuesday and they had a blast. Happy Birthday, Ethan! We love you google plex!

3 Comments:

Denice said...

WOW Camilla! What a tender post. So happy that he had such a wonderful day, and so happy that it went so smoothly. What a wonderful boy to have the honor of being the first born in your family! His example will pave the way for the rest! Way to go! (Love the CTR cake what a show-stopper!!!)

anna banana said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! Glad we could be there!

Sher said...

I'm soooo sad we didnt' get to be there to support Ethan! WE love you buddy. Looks like a wonderful celebration. hugs and misses......