1. Carden holds these monthly quality assemblies to teach the school about a new quality that is good to put into practice in their lives. One class performs a skit to illustrate what the quality is and awards are handed out to the students who have been observed to portray that quality. The awards are a surprise to the student and teachers, supposedly, do not share who they have chosen with each other. I got an email letting me know one of my children would be recognized and was surprised to find out both of the boys had been chosen! Love these boys!
![]()
2. Soccer! Soccer season ended for both boys and it was a good season. Luke played for the first time with AYSO and I “got” to be his assistant coach (Red Dragons). He was such a great team player and very willing to make sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to be and happy about it (I think it helped that he was one of the biggest kids on the team). Ethan finished his third season. We are still learning the ins and outs of this soccer league and one big lesson for me this season was to not procrastinate registration. The kids that register late get thrown on a team but the kids that register early can choose teams. I saw how many teams have been playing together for the past three years and how much more cohesive they were. I was team mom for Ethan’s team (Blue Dragons) this season and was glad to have parents that supported me. Next season for Ethan will involve try outs so that will be interesting but I’m excited to have him on a team with a more even playing field.
3. Carden Country Fair: Carden holds a country fair at the school as a fundraiser each year. We had a blast attending and getting to ride a bull, get faces painted, play some games and eat some yummy fair food.
4. Dress up is never ending around our house but this month princess Rapunzel has been the favorite. And since we can’t grow our hair out any faster what’s the quickest way to have floor length hair? a blanket. You were thinking wig, weren’t you?
I don’t know why the picture is not cooperating and will only post sideways…sorry!
![]()
5. To wrap things up, because Thanksgiving is going to be a post of its own, I had a race. I love doing the Dana Point Turkey Trot and each year I do the 10k. Pretty soon I’ll be able to run the coarse with my eyes closed. This year I talked a couple friends into running it with me. I ran a pretty respectable time considering I had to stop and use the porta potty once, finishing just under an hour.
![]()
Thursday, November 17, 2011
A November List

Posted by
Camilla
at
4:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment